And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: HVC on June 10, 2013, 05:00:23 PM
What was the consensus?
My consensus was that changing a tire by yourself is stupid and dangerous in NYC.  Plus, this time I was covered for a free change.  If the first guy would've found the lug nut key, I would've been on my way quicker, and with less crush injuries, than if I attempted to change the tire myself.

HVC

Peters explanation is more convincing :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on June 10, 2013, 05:02:27 PM
What was the consensus?
My consensus was that changing a tire by yourself is stupid and dangerous in NYC.

:yes:

Anyway, if one has money, why would one ever want to change their own tire?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on June 10, 2013, 05:05:54 PM
What was the consensus?
My consensus was that changing a tire by yourself is stupid and dangerous in NYC.

:yes: The only reason to change a tire yourself is if you're out there somewhere in the wilderness, and there is no one to get to you.  If I find myself in that situation, then I guess I'll have to read the relevant chapter in the owner's manual a couple of times, and get the tourniquets ready.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on June 10, 2013, 05:09:48 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 10, 2013, 05:05:54 PM
What was the consensus?

:yes: The only reason to change a tire yourself is if you're out there somewhere in the wilderness, and there is no one to get to you.  If I find myself in that situation, then I guess I'll have to read the relevant chapter in the owner's manual a couple of times, and get the tourniquets ready.

:hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 10, 2013, 04:05:05 PM
I've heard of countries giving A, B, C, D, & F, I've heard of countries giving 0-100, countries giving 0-20, etc., but I have never before heard of a country handing out E's.

Yeah what is an E? Effort?

Josephus

Apparently a Blue Jays baseball game went 18 innings a few days ago. Just the thought of it puts me to sleep.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on June 10, 2013, 04:08:26 PM
We give out 12, 10, 7, 4, 02 (passed), 00 (failed), and -03. Supposedly this corresponds better with the ECTS scale than our earlier 13-scale (13, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 03, 00)

:wacko: WTF

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 10, 2013, 05:21:39 PM
Quote from: Liep on June 10, 2013, 04:08:26 PM
We give out 12, 10, 7, 4, 02 (passed), 00 (failed), and -03. Supposedly this corresponds better with the ECTS scale than our earlier 13-scale (13, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 03, 00)

:wacko: WTF
Yeah, apparently it's after the American scale. A(12), B(10), C(7), D(4), E(02), Fx(00), F(-03)
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

merithyn

Quote from: Liep on June 10, 2013, 05:29:01 PM
Yeah, apparently it's after the American scale. A(12), B(10), C(7), D(4), E(02), Fx(00), F(-03)

Except that we don't have an E or an Fx. :unsure:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

Quote from: merithyn on June 10, 2013, 06:07:59 PM
Quote from: Liep on June 10, 2013, 05:29:01 PM

Except that we don't have an E or an Fx. :unsure:

Fx is channel 22.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

merithyn

God, I hate math. :glare:

Working on a C++ exercise that requires we include the formula to work out the dew point based on getting the temp in F and humidity. We have to convert the temp to C, calculate the dewpoint, then convert the temp back to F. The program works fine... my math is completely fucked up. :weep:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Iormlund

Programming is a bit of an odd choice if you hate math. :huh:

katmai

Quote from: Iormlund on June 10, 2013, 06:47:07 PM

She's a woman, so you expected her to use logic? :rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Quote from: Iormlund on June 10, 2013, 06:47:07 PM
:yes: Computer science is only a branch of applied mathematics.