The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on June 01, 2013, 02:00:59 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2013, 03:07:56 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 01:06:07 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 01, 2013, 12:32:47 AM
Maybe by your dept policy.  I'm right by the constitution.

They're much more polite on Club Fed property.

Tell them that. We're viewed as jack booted thugs

:D Folks forget, the pot may be legal in WA state now, but not on Uncle Sam's turf.
I bet it feels good to mess up someone's life because they didn't quite understand the legal distinction between state and federal lands.
:lol: Hippie. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Hash is illegal on state property.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2013, 01:36:29 PM
Quote from: katmai on June 01, 2013, 04:51:54 AM
Who you working for now anyways 11b?

Still up here in the northwest. Working for the Navy.
ah gotcha. I knew where you are, just who working for :D
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

Quote from: katmai on June 01, 2013, 02:33:53 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2013, 01:36:29 PM
Quote from: katmai on June 01, 2013, 04:51:54 AM
Who you working for now anyways 11b?

Still up here in the northwest. Working for the Navy.
ah gotcha. I knew where you are, just who working for :D

Not a bad gig. None of the Police officers will get furloughed here.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Phillip V

Will you get a second pension?

11B4V

CountDeMoney

What a fucking racket.  Pigs.

11B4V

Dont hate the player.  :P

Scipio

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 12, 2013, 08:58:38 AM
Oh man.  That's not past tense's fault...that's the fault of the weird Russian idea of whether a particular object "stands" on something, or "lies" on something.

Sort of like what kind of location uses "на" and which uses "в", when you're going to/into it.
Ain't nothing weird about that shit.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

This man needs to stop sending me campaign flyers. Yes, I'm a Republican in NYC but that doesn't mean I'll vote for any bump on a log with an R near his name.

@Liep - I realize this post is apropos. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2013, 04:03:01 PM
Dont hate the player.  :P

Save it for your teacher union hate, Hypocritus Rex.

Tonitrus

Ideologue

Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2013, 02:19:52 PM
Quote from: DGuller on June 01, 2013, 02:00:59 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2013, 03:07:56 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 01:06:07 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 01, 2013, 12:32:47 AM
Maybe by your dept policy.  I'm right by the constitution.

They're much more polite on Club Fed property.

Tell them that. We're viewed as jack booted thugs

:D Folks forget, the pot may be legal in WA state now, but not on Uncle Sam's turf.
I bet it feels good to mess up someone's life because they didn't quite understand the legal distinction between state and federal lands.
:lol: Hippie. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Hash is illegal on state property.

I believe it's the case that it's still illegal everywhere, it's just that fedlaw has limited enforcement resources, so fuck it.

My point being that he was or should have been on notice.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Those wacky Iraqis

Plot to Release Poison Gas via Toy Planes Foiled

(Newser) – Iraqi authorities say they have arrested five men who were manufacturing sarin and mustard gas, which they planned to release via remote-controlled toy planes, reports the BBC. They also planned to smuggle the chemicals into Europe and North America and strike targets there. The men confessed to the plot, and said they were making the gases using instructions from an al-Qaeda offshoot.

Iraq's defense minister says three chemical workshops were uncovered, with the toy planes found inside. The plan was to target Shiite Muslim pilgrims visiting a shrine in Baghdad, reports Businessweek.

DGuller

Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2013, 02:19:52 PM
It is no excuse in the eyes of the law, otherwise enforcement of laws would be impossible.  However, in the eyes of a human being with a sense of empathy, dropping the hammer on honestly ignorant citizens can still feel like a shitty thing to do.  I do understand though that cops and prosecutors have to adopt an attitude of mafia hit men and not think about the impact of their actions, or they would go crazy.