And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 26, 2013, 12:50:56 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 26, 2013, 12:19:45 AM
I have strong reason to believe that my brother has been eating out of the cat dish.  :mellow:

You should invite your brother to the forum. He sounds entertaining.

I don't think we need another Marty.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on April 26, 2013, 05:46:57 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 26, 2013, 12:50:56 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 26, 2013, 12:19:45 AM
I have strong reason to believe that my brother has been eating out of the cat dish.  :mellow:

You should invite your brother to the forum. He sounds entertaining.

I don't think we need another Marty.

I think he'd probably be more fun that Mart. And probably wouldn't go on about the movers and shakers of the world.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Well that's a rarity. Work let me out early because it was such a nice day. :lol:

Now just waiting on one update from a programmer and then I can leave home and hang out in the sun. :cool:

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on April 26, 2013, 01:37:21 PM
:bleeding:

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/04/26/watchdog-report-usda-promoting-food-stamp-benefits-to-illegal-immigrants/

From the story:

QuoteDocuments obtained by Judicial Watchdog show a Spanish-language Agriculture Department flyer given to the Mexican Embassy in Washington. The flyer informs Mexicans living in the U.S. illegally about the fact that they don't have to declare their immigration status in order to receive benefits for children born in the U.S. under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.

Isn't that a good idea?  I mean - you don't want children, American citizens, going hungry, right? :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

I wish I could get food stamps.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Seedy, made me think of you. :)

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on April 26, 2013, 01:37:21 PM
:bleeding:

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/04/26/watchdog-report-usda-promoting-food-stamp-benefits-to-illegal-immigrants/

Um... that's a very misleading headline....

They're letting parents know that American children may qualify for assistance... not illegal immigrants.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

One nice thing about how the weather is bipolar this spring is that we keep getting to have the week or so that NY normally has before cold turns to very hot. :D

garbon

Also even if that food stamp article headline was correct - I'd rather that than they dying in our country of hunger.

sbr

Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2013, 04:22:30 PM
Also even if that food stamp article headline was correct - I'd rather that than they dying in our country of hunger.

You're not a very good Republican.

garbon

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2013, 07:21:41 PM
What of it?

Come to our side, prodigal.  We still love you.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)