And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: 11B4V on March 21, 2013, 12:57:34 AM
Why was he blinded by a bear?

Tried to pull a Brain with the wrong bear.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 21, 2013, 06:50:55 AM
Testifying before a committee in the Maryland General Assembly today.  Going to give them the "what-fer, I say" on a bill that's up that could finance the county's support for NPO animal shelter volunteer programs.

:thumbsup:

Good luck with that.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

According to the portuguese government i'm a bastard. well that was a waste of a day.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on March 21, 2013, 10:37:27 AM
According to the portuguese government i'm a bastard. well that was a waste of a day.

You spent a whole day asking the Portagee government if you're a bastard?

Malthus

Hell, we could have told them that.  :P

But seriously ... WTF?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on March 21, 2013, 10:38:52 AM

Hell, we could have told them that.  :P

But seriously ... WTF?
My parents marriage was never registered there, even though they sent the paper work when they got married. No one ever bother to check up,why would you really, it serves no purpose until 30 something years later when i decide to get my portuguese citizenship and find out i can't. i'll have to register their marriage first.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 21, 2013, 10:38:31 AM

You spent a whole day asking the Portagee government if you're a bastard?
lol no, went to the embassy where they were nice enough to tell me after a three hour wait.

Admiral Yi

Why would you not qualify for Portagee citizenship if you're a bastard?

Why the hell would you want Portagee citizenship?  They're going to draft you and send you to die in Mozambique man.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 21, 2013, 10:47:24 AM

Why the hell would you want Portagee citizenship?  They're going to draft you and send you to die in Mozambique man.

Well won't he have free roaming rights in EU?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on March 21, 2013, 10:48:35 AM
Well won't he have free roaming rights in EU?

I was being a smidge ironic grab.

garbon

I think it is a legit question about wanted to be legally associated with Portugal. :D

Admiral Yi

You're running hot and cold grab.

You thinking about pulling up stakes hillary?

garbon

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 21, 2013, 10:47:24 AM

My birth certificate says my parents were married at my time of birth. Portuguese records say they were never married. So, no citizenship. As for why, free health care when and if a go to portugal again, ability to work in most european countries should i decide to, just for shits and giggle, and to give the same opportunities to my kids if they ever want it.