News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

ooh, i need to get on getting my trip over there!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

I go through a rock band's catalogue for my passwords.

For instance. I'll go through all of Rush.

Rush74
FlyBy75
Caress75
2112Seventysix
etc etc

or now I'm going through another band's cycle.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

PDH

Quote from: Josephus on March 01, 2013, 08:37:08 PM

Don't choose Norman Greenbaum's records.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Dragonforce passwords: they all look shitty.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 01, 2013, 07:37:02 PM
The State Department just okayed the Keystone pipeline.
Why is the state department involved? Wouldn't the department of the interior, energy or the EPA be more appropriate?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

fhdz

Quote from: PDH on March 01, 2013, 08:39:41 PM
Quote from: Josephus on March 01, 2013, 08:37:08 PM

Don't choose Norman Greenbaum's records.

But...but...he's got a friend in Jesus :(
and the horse you rode in on

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 01, 2013, 08:43:39 PM
Dragonforce passwords: they all look shitty.

Dragon Force though was wonderful.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

At the MoMA today I saw a woman taking a self pic on her phone with her baby and a piece of art. <_<

That said, I was pretty impressed by the collection today. I think the Inventing AbEx exhibit was lovely for the breadth of work it showed though the narrative was a bit hazy (Stieglitz was included as well as some experimental music).

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 01, 2013, 09:10:20 PM
Why is the state department involved? Wouldn't the department of the interior, energy or the EPA be more appropriate?

Because it crosses an international border.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on March 01, 2013, 08:34:53 PM

You should to talk to one of our financial bods here, but from what is being said, this trend could continue for a while.

it could even be described as unofficial government policy, QE/printing money, buying it's own debt, encouraging exports and ramping up inflation to erode the debt burden in the economy.   
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 01, 2013, 10:11:59 PM
At the MoMA today I saw a woman taking a self pic on her phone with her baby and a piece of art. <_<

Such a hater.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on March 01, 2013, 10:21:00 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 01, 2013, 08:34:53 PM

You should to talk to one of our financial bods here, but from what is being said, this trend could continue for a while.

it could even be described as unofficial government policy, QE/printing money, buying it's own debt, encouraging exports and ramping up inflation to erode the debt burden in the economy.   

Well I keep saying that I'm coming to visit on my air miles but keep postponing.

jimmy olsen

What's wrong with that?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 01, 2013, 10:23:28 PM

Such a hater.

When she looked at it, she didn't look happy with the selfie either. Also, who has a flip phone these days?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on March 01, 2013, 10:13:23 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 01, 2013, 09:10:20 PM

Because it crosses an international border.
The reasons it was held up though had nothing to do with foreign policy though, it was about American environmental concerns.

1 Karma Chameleon point