News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Guy made me look sane.  I think he made some scenarios for TOAW.  Also he dropped his name once, and I looked it up.  He had tried to intervene in a hostage situation in the Philippines by offering to replace one of the hostages.  I asked if that was him and he said that yeah, he did do that.  Complete fruit loop.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

The guy that created diplomacy died. I assume from being screamed at by Berkut for the next turn.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 28, 2013, 10:38:52 PM
The guy that created diplomacy died. I assume from being screamed at by Berkut for the next turn.

What's up with Mr. B not getting any gaming slack?  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on February 28, 2013, 10:40:23 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 28, 2013, 10:38:52 PM

What's up with Mr. B not getting any gaming slack?  :lol:

He is a human chess clock.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 28, 2013, 07:42:59 PM
Mishka something something.
MishkaZazaykin or something like that.... :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Some genius in our data security area decided to put a sign up on the inside of the men's bathroom door reminding us to Ctr-Atl-Del lock our computers before we leave our desks.  You only see the sign as you're leaving the restroom.  I'm thinking that would only be helpful if your computer were located in the bathroom :hmm:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on March 01, 2013, 10:03:52 AM
Some genius in our data security area decided to put a sign up on the inside of the men's bathroom door reminding us to Ctr-Atl-Del lock our computers before we leave our desks.  You only see the sign as you're leaving the restroom.  I'm thinking that would only be helpful if your computer were located in the bathroom :hmm:

And advertising only works if you're at the store.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Our computers now auto do that after like 5 minutes.  They also just decided we should start changing our passwords frequently. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

CHanging passwords is an aberration. There's no security since we in the end just increment a number at the end.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 01, 2013, 10:56:35 AM
CHanging passwords is an aberration. There's no security since we in the end just increment a number at the end.

:huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on March 01, 2013, 11:09:33 AM

What is misundertood? My bad grammar or the concept?

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 01, 2013, 11:14:53 AM

I guess both.  Are you saying you just change the numerical characters at the end of your password?  None of my systems (I have to log into about 8 or 9 here and I may be forgetting a couple) allow that.  You get a "password exists in user history"-type error if you try.

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on March 01, 2013, 11:21:20 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 01, 2013, 11:14:53 AM

I guess both.  Are you saying you just change the numerical characters at the end of your password?  None of my systems (I have to log into about 8 or 9 here and I may be forgetting a couple) allow that.  You get a "password exists in user history"-type error if you try.

Yes. I have to change my password every 45 days. Not use one among the last 24 previous passwords. I go from Languish1 & up, I'm at Languish33 right now.

Not allowing it makes it even worse. The more you make it harder to remember a password the more likely it's going to be written down.

ulmont

Quote from: derspiess on March 01, 2013, 11:21:20 AM

I just change numbers at the beginning of my password, but yes.  I've never seen any system complain that I was using the same password as long as the numbers are different than the last set...

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 01, 2013, 11:25:02 AM
Not allowing it makes it even worse. The more you make it harder to remember a password the more likely it's going to be written down.
Yeah, overdoing it on password security is actually counterproductive.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.