Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on February 27, 2013, 07:04:12 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 27, 2013, 06:36:33 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 27, 2013, 06:01:08 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 27, 2013, 05:48:54 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on February 27, 2013, 05:41:57 PM
At least to start, looking for a 1-bedroom furnished apartment on month-to-month contract. Cheapest in Chantilly seem to be $1200. :(

No, that's about right these days, even out in Chantilly.

WTF, my mortgage isnt even that much.

What a tired refrain.

Dont be a bitchy little girl. I dont rent and havent for long while.

It's tired because it is what home owners say all the time. OMG, you pay how much to rent a 1-bedroom, where? My mortgage isn't even that much? :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on February 27, 2013, 07:06:16 PM
It's tired because it is what home owners say all the time. OMG, you pay how much to rent a 1-bedroom, where? My mortgage isn't even that much? :o

Renters gonna rent.

Eddie Teach

All that hipness and excitement has a price tag attached.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 27, 2013, 07:10:12 PM
All that hipness and excitement has a price tag attached.

Which of course, extends to mortgages / total price.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on February 27, 2013, 06:42:04 PM
It also gives me an idea for a poll, wherein I prove myself to be the most moral and law-abiding of us all.
Overcompensate much?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on February 27, 2013, 08:00:09 PM
It also gives me an idea for a poll, wherein I prove myself to be the most moral and law-abiding of us all.
Overcompensate much?

Hey, he did just get dumped.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on February 27, 2013, 12:08:52 PM
Quote from: Caliga on February 27, 2013, 12:06:43 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on February 27, 2013, 10:40:00 AM
When I played SimEarth
:wub:

I really wish they'd do a remake.

I don't know. Might lead to another Spore. <_<
It was simply too ambitious for its time. It would likely turn out better these days.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 27, 2013, 09:06:19 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 27, 2013, 12:08:52 PM
Quote from: Caliga on February 27, 2013, 12:06:43 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on February 27, 2013, 10:40:00 AM
When I played SimEarth
:wub:

I really wish they'd do a remake.

I don't know. Might lead to another Spore. <_<
It was simply too ambitious for its time. It would likely turn out better these days.
Probably not.  It was too ambitious for any time, because it didn't concentrate on doing any one thing all that well.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Phillip V

I think I will join this church near Chantilly if I move there; seems not too old and white like many Episcopal Churches these days.

http://www.stjohnscentreville.org/

mongers

Bad time to be a teenager here, on Sunday a 16 year old girl got killed on a dangerous major road junction, just over the fields from here.
A reporter, ex-neighbour of mine, gave the tv news report.
By the sounds of it she was on her scooter/motorbike and got run down by fast moving traffic, the major suspect driving off in their SUV.  :(

And today they found the body of a missing 17 year old in the Forest near here, he'd gone missing a couple of days ago from a village a few miles up the road, where I'm gonna give a talk in a fews days.
By the sounds of it he might have been suffering from depressed. If that is the case, then it's sad and you have to wonder why nothing can bring solace to people in that position. 
If you saw the place he comes from, it's like a picture book New Forest/national park village, horses,ponies and deer on verdant forest pastures and very wealth too, you might find it believe that someone kill themselves in that environment. 
I guess could well be the unreasonable pressures of exams and school/college.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Phillip V

mongers

Quote from: Phillip V on February 27, 2013, 09:51:32 PM
How did he kill himself.

I don't know, they didn't say.

I'm assuming it's self-harm rather than murder etc as they've made no mention of looking for anyone else in it's connection. 
I guess he could have just gone for a long walk, got lost, had an accident, got cold, but the forest around here, is a pretty benign environment and you're never more than a couple of miles away from a settlement or major road.   
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on February 27, 2013, 08:00:09 PM
Overcompensate much?

Occasionally.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on February 27, 2013, 07:06:16 PM
:yes: The housing crash brought a temporary respite, but it's been getting worse lately.