And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2013, 03:12:02 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2012, 01:09:50 PM
Somewhere, probably very close, a Dazzling Urbanite is driving around with my freshly stolen license plates.  :ph34r:

Just got a phone call from Baltimore County PD; Maryland State Police Westminster Barracks recovered my stolen plate on a traffic stop. 
Lulz, enjoy the extra charge, dipshit.

Do they usually notify people like that or was it a special favor of some sort? 

I had my plate stolen when I was 19.  Fuckers didn't bother to use a screwdriver or anything-- just ripped it out and screwed up the threads in the screwholes so I had to fix that in addition to getting a new plate. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Trooper I spoke with said he remembered it coming in this AM, but didn't know any details, so it wasn't too exotic or anything.

Out here in suburbia, more likely a dazzling urbanite, MIM.  They do so like to drive their unregistered vehicles.  No insurance, tags suspended, changed to avoid the repo man, tons of reasons.
You can always tell they must have bad tags because only white people back in to park.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 19, 2013, 03:33:03 PM

More of a courtesy call since I actually reported it as a theft--most people who get their plates stolen don't bother, they just go to the MVA. 

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2013, 03:35:43 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 19, 2013, 03:33:03 PM

More of a courtesy call since I actually reported it as a theft--most people who get their plates stolen don't bother, they just go to the MVA. 

I reported mine to the Huntington PD even though they almost seemed to try to talk me out of it.  Worthless pieces of crap.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 19, 2013, 03:46:52 PM
I reported mine to the Huntington PD even though they almost seemed to try to talk me out of it.  Worthless pieces of crap.

Writin' an' reportin' is hard work.

Admiral Yi

Big cop fingers don't fit on those little tiny keys.

CountDeMoney

Goofy broad.

QuoteMindy McCready also shot and killed boyfriend's dog
Bill Waugh / AP file

Before she apparently shot herself, singer Mindy McCready also shot and killed her late boyfriend's dog, according to Cleburne County (Ark.) Sheriff Marty Moss.

Moss said Monday that the dog's body was found Sunday next to McCready on the front porch of a home in Heber Springs, Ark. Two other dogs at the home were reportedly uninjured.

"Based on what we have found at the scene at this time, we do believe that she took the life of the dog that we are being told by family members belonged to (David) Wilson before she took her own life," Moss said.

Wilson, a record producer and father of McCready's youngest son, Zayne, died of a gunshot wound at the same home in January. His death is still being investigated.

Fox News cites an anonymous friend of McCready's saying of the dog's death, "Mindy really loved her dog and that would not have been an act of malice at all. It would have been more of a case where she just didn't want to leave the dog alone."

McCready, 37, had battled substance abuse and was arrested several times.

"As sad as it is, (her apparent suicide) didn't come as a major shock, because she's just been battling demons for so long," Billy McKnight, McCready's ex-boyfriend and the father of her 6-year-old son, told TODAY on Monday. "I was around her when she attempted suicide twice, so I knew it was in her."

It was earlier reported that McCready's two young sons are in foster care.

Phillip V

derspiess

I had never heard of her until today.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on February 19, 2013, 04:17:49 PM
I had never heard of her until today.

You must have heard of her husband.  He was a producer.

Neither had I.  Shots on CNN of when she was younger were nice.  Recent ones, not as much.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2013, 04:19:39 PM
Neither had I.  Shots on CNN of when she was younger were nice.  Recent ones, not as much.

Yeah, she was more of a one hit wonder than anything else when she first came out, but pretty good looking.  Drug abuse ages chicks faster than children, though.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2013, 04:21:01 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2013, 04:19:39 PM

Yeah, she was more of a one hit wonder than anything else when she first came out, but pretty good looking.  Drug abuse ages chicks faster than children, though.

I liked when they showed their wedding photo and then they had her ex talking on the news. He looked like death.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

I guess all 10,000 angels failed her. :(

@CDM- not a one-hit wonder, she had a string of country radio hits.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 19, 2013, 04:40:09 PM

I don't listen to Country or Western.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2013, 04:50:40 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 19, 2013, 04:40:09 PM

I don't listen to Country or Western.

Fair.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.