News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 16, 2013, 06:06:31 PM
I can stand them, but they are clearly inferior to fries.

Debatable.  And soooo much easier to make.

Ed Anger

It's being reported that the hipsters that infested Brooklyn are migrating to the suburbs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Agelastus

Quote from: Phillip V on February 15, 2013, 11:22:56 PM
2012's World Press Photo of the Year

http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/15/the-worlds-best-news-photos-for-2012/

Great; I need to get my eyes tested...again. :glare:

Before reading the text my first thought was "ah, that's a well constructed CGI image".

Has that photo been touched up a bit too much? The people in it just don't look "real" to me.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Eddie Teach

Probably just their skin color.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Looks like a scene from Les Mis 2
██████
██████
██████

MadBurgerMaker

Finally took the Jeep out today, pulled off the two front panels ("freedom top"), and got it dirty for the first time on some light two track areas out in the sticks somewhere around Bandera, TX.  I think I was on someone's ranch/es though.  Probably shouldn't make a habit of that without permission.  Heh.

sbr

Are iranians "real people"?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 16, 2013, 08:50:58 PM
Finally took the Jeep out today, pulled off the two front panels ("freedom top"), and got it dirty for the first time on some light two track areas out in the sticks somewhere around Bandera, TX.  I think I was on someone's ranch/es though.  Probably shouldn't make a habit of that without permission.  Heh.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 16, 2013, 09:16:03 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

Well I can supply pics of it from the buffalo wild wings parking lot, but that's all I got right now. Just looks like a cherry red wrangler Sahara without the top on right now. :P

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

I'm having the weirdest technical problem I just can't get to the bottom of. On one particular video subtitles are just refusing to show up whilst for all others they work as normal. :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

██████
██████
██████