News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Secrecy of Memo on a Targeted Killing Is Upheld

'A judge refused to force the Justice Department to disclose its legal rationale for the killing of an American in Yemen.'

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/03/us/judge-rules-memo-on-targeted-killing-can-remain-secret.html

:ph34r:

Razgovory

Quote from: Josephus on January 02, 2013, 02:18:02 PM
It's not really a myth, just a disputed theory.

It's Chariots of the God's quality of theory.  There is no particular reason why such a theory should be entertained.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Josephus on January 02, 2013, 06:11:26 PM
CNN's been going downhill for years. It was a one-off spurred by the first Gulf War. We need more wars*, dammnit.

* that westerners care about

I thought it started back in the early 80's.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Meanwhile.......

QuoteA prominent Saudi cleric has issued a fatwa (a religious ordinance) that calls for the gang rape of Syrian women.  Expressing frustration that the "warriors of Islam" fighting in Syria may be getting weary for the lack of sexual pleasure, the religious leader issued a decree that promotes hours-long "intercourse marriages."

The cleric, Muhammed al-Arifi, who is a leading jihadist religious figure, made it clear that his edict called for the gang rape of Syrian women and girls. He specified that the "intercourse marriages" last only a few hours "in order to give each fighter a turn." As to who is an eligible bride, the cleric approves any girls or women over the age of 14 who are widowed or divorced. Yes, you read that right. Any girls over the age of 14.

Muhammed al-Arifi  has come under fire for advocating for violence against women in the past. A few weeks ago, he was  banned from entering Switzerland or participating in the Swiss Central Islamic Council .
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 02, 2013, 09:22:31 PM
Meanwhile.......

QuoteA prominent Saudi cleric has issued a fatwa (a religious ordinance) that calls for the gang rape of Syrian women.  Expressing frustration that the "warriors of Islam" fighting in Syria may be getting weary for the lack of sexual pleasure, the religious leader issued a decree that promotes hours-long "intercourse marriages."

The cleric, Muhammed al-Arifi, who is a leading jihadist religious figure, made it clear that his edict called for the gang rape of Syrian women and girls. He specified that the "intercourse marriages" last only a few hours "in order to give each fighter a turn." As to who is an eligible bride, the cleric approves any girls or women over the age of 14 who are widowed or divorced. Yes, you read that right. Any girls over the age of 14.

Muhammed al-Arifi  has come under fire for advocating for violence against women in the past. A few weeks ago, he was  banned from entering Switzerland or participating in the Swiss Central Islamic Council .

That's completely unfair.  Sounds to me like he's calling for the sequential individual rape of Syrian women.

Eddie Teach

If the girls are able to refuse consent to the marriages, this just amounts to sanctioning fornication.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: Razgovory on January 02, 2013, 08:37:06 PM
Quote from: Josephus on January 02, 2013, 06:11:26 PM
CNN's been going downhill for years. It was a one-off spurred by the first Gulf War. We need more wars*, dammnit.

* that westerners care about

I thought it started back in the early 80's.

Yeah...but it was the Gulf War that put it on the map.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Phillip V

Officer Faked Drunken-Driving Cases

'A former trooper of the year is accused of falsifying dozens of arrests during her 10-year career.'

Razgovory

A guy I went to high school with had ticker replaced today.  Kinda bothers me, I mean he's not that old.  Sure people I graduated with have died, but mostly from suicides and car crashes, not heart attacks.  Hopefully he'll be okay.

Phillip V

Offer to do some errands for him or send food. :)

Eddie Teach

Not sure how that will help raz escape the knowledge of his own mortality.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Phillip V on January 03, 2013, 01:03:42 AM
Offer to do some errands for him or send food. :)

I haven't actually talked the guy in over a decade.  I just monitor everyone on Facebook.  It's a lot better then the old days when you had to hide in the rose bushes with a camera.

Josquius

Ugh. Sometimes my mother....I really can't have nice things. She has already destroyed all my airfix models including my battleships. Loads of other fragile things she has broke too. Lots of my warhammer stuff was broken by her. And she has the cheek to blame me for not using enough glue. Now she's threatening to move loads of my warhammer stuff en masse into shoe boxes so she can do unnecessary redecorating in my room. I just know not much of it will survive her.
This added onto her usual attempts to control me...I'm a bit late with this, should have gone through with it when everyone else does, when I was 12, but bloody hell.
Living at home is teh suck. The economy better pick up as I'm not doing this again, 2 weeks is bad enough
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on January 03, 2013, 12:07:32 AM
Officer Faked Drunken-Driving Cases

'A former trooper of the year is accused of falsifying dozens of arrests during her 10-year career.'

Link.

CountDeMoney

QuoteMaryland first-grader suspended for pointing fingers at friends, saying 'pow'
By NBCWashington.com

A Maryland first-grader has been suspended for pointing his fingers like a gun at school.

The boy, a student at Roscoe Nix Elementary School in Silver Spring, was suspended for one day. The incident happened a week after the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Conn.

The family's attorney says the 6-year-old was playing with friends, not making threats.

"Evidently, he was pointing his finger at someone and saying, 'Pow,'" said Robin Ficker, an attorney for the family.

The boy's parents were scheduled to meet with school officials Wednesday.

The school system will not comment on individual disciplinary matters. But they did issue a statement detailing their typical procedure with younger students.

"Generally, in an incident involving the behavior of our younger students, we will make sure that the student and his family are well-informed of any behavior that needs to change and understand the consequences if the behavior does not change," said Montgomery County Public Schools spokesman Dana Tofig in a statement.