And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 29, 2012, 03:10:21 PM
TV taxes. Hilarious.

No shit.  And those Euros bust on us for our guns.

How the hell they pay a tax for an electrical appliance, I'll never figure out.

Ed Anger

Gotta pay to get Inspector Gadget dubbed into French.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

In other foriegn news, the new Jap PM might take back the comfort women apology.

Yamato to be raised soon afterwards.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 29, 2012, 08:49:21 PM
In other foriegn news, the new Jap PM might take back the comfort women apology.

Guess he got Lettow's letter.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 29, 2012, 02:51:03 PM
I'm going to have to file a most forceful complaint with that new hottie redhead for several long hours.   :mad:

:smoke: ....... :ccr: ........... :wub: ......... :worthy:??
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on December 29, 2012, 09:17:34 PM

Being extremely bored, I've been watching jap commercials on youtube. I haven't gone squee yet.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 29, 2012, 09:32:36 PM

Being extremely bored, I've been watching jap commercials on youtube. I haven't gone squee yet.

Here's something that might amuse you.  Column on PC Gamer where they look at older PC games.  Some are okay, most are pretty dreadful.  See how many you remember.  http://www.pcgamer.com/tag/crap-shoot/

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/01/saturday-crapshoot-forbes-corporate-warrior/  Here's a game for Yi.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/29/saturday-crapshoot-gag/  A weird Russian game for Guller

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/22/saturday-crapshoot-bikini-karate-babes/  A trashy game for Cal

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/22/saturday-crapshoot-bikini-karate-babes/  A game for Viking

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/22/saturday-crapshoot-bikini-karate-babes/  And a game for absolutely no one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

What's the point of take backs?  It just pisses off the Koreans for no good reason.  Now if it was the Chinese, that'd be different.

And it'd probably be cheaper to just build a new dreadnought.  Yamato blew in half when the magazines went up after it rolled over.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on December 29, 2012, 09:54:49 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 29, 2012, 09:32:36 PM

Here's something that might amuse you.  Column on PC Gamer where they look at older PC games.  Some are okay, most are pretty dreadful.  See how many you remember.  http://www.pcgamer.com/tag/crap-shoot/

I played Escape from Hell. If that is the one where a piano falls on you if you type 'look up'

But my memory is getting shot.

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on December 29, 2012, 09:58:29 PM

What's the point of take backs?  It just pisses off the Koreans for no good reason.  Now if it was the Chinese, that'd be different.

And it'd probably be cheaper to just build a new dreadnought.  Yamato blew in half when the magazines went up after it rolled over.

They'll just end up hastily converting it into a shitty flat-top with no poor torpedo protection halfway through construction anyway.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on December 29, 2012, 10:26:37 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 29, 2012, 09:58:29 PM

They'll just end up hastily converting it into a shitty flat-top with no poor torpedo protection halfway through construction anyway.
Why would they bother?  Carriers are pretty useless in this day and age anyways.

As for Shinano, I think that the fact that the ship wasn't properly crewed or equiped for damage control was far more critical in regards to the sinking than any defect in the design of the ship itself.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Gerard Depardieu has moved to Belgium and is renouncing his French citizenship to avoid the 75% millionaires income tax.

France also has an asset tax for those with more than 1.3 million euros in assets.

Josephus

I thought that that tax was repealed by the courts.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jaron

They needed to keep it on the books long enough to get rid of Gerard Depardieu.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 30, 2012, 08:05:27 PM
Gerard Depardieu has moved to Belgium and is renouncing his French citizenship to avoid the 75% millionaires income tax.

France also has an asset tax for those with more than 1.3 million euros in assets.
asset tax, how does that work? Is it just like capital assist (which would be dump anyway, just have higher capital gains taxes) or is it all assets?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.