And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on December 18, 2012, 05:04:38 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 18, 2012, 04:05:34 PM
Speaking of the Gdansk shipyards(IGET THE JOKE), I was there. Outdated and a bit rusty, but still plugging away. Not a whole lot of workers though.

The Gdansk shipyards led the movement against communism in Poland, demanding better working conditions. They won, but since their shipyard was internationally non-competitive they lost their jobs.

There is a Polish joke in there somewhere.
How can a shipyard be internationally non-competitive?  Did the Poles outsource their shipyard work to India?

Razgovory

You are really over thinking this.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

hey now, dguller has never been accused of over thinking anything!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2012, 06:23:51 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 18, 2012, 05:58:22 PM
How can a shipyard be internationally non-competitive?

:unsure:
It's kind of unmovable infrastructure.  Internationally noncompetitive means that it's cheaper to use foreign competitor's products and services.  I can buy a t-shirt made in Bangladesh, but I can't use Bangladesh's highways if I find I-95 to be internationally noncompetitive.

Admiral Yi

DGuller

Quote from: katmai on December 18, 2012, 06:07:10 PM
hey now, dguller has never been accused of over thinking anything!
I'm very good at avoiding detection.  :ph34r:

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2012, 06:29:52 PM
Shipyards make things.  :huh:
:hmm:  Where do containers with crap from China go?

sbr

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Preppers who use them as cheap bunkers.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Ed Anger

Transportation hubs will accumulate containers. It is like getting the crabs. You have 1 one day and the next thing you know, they are dumping them in fields.

Ed Anger

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017