News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnchorClanker

I suspect that many of us do that.  Thanks for the welcome, derspeiss.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Ed Anger

Ank was hanging off Kola listening to Ivan.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

AnchorClanker

I wish.  There's zero chance that I'll be able to get my Blue Nose.   :Embarrass:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Jacob

lustindarkness

Better man than me, I would go crazy(zier) all that time under water. Good to see you around these part bubblehead.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

MadImmortalMan

The thought of being locked in a steel tube underwater makes be sweat. I think I would go a little nuts. A little more, I mean.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

AnchorClanker

Yeah, it's weird.  The same guys, every hour every day every week every month.  It gets old.  :mad:

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PDH

Hell, 20 days on a 58 foot ketch with 6 other people between the Galapagos and Easter Island was way too long.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

AnchorClanker

HVC

We have new owners? Crap. CdM is going to be tossed aside to increase shareholder value
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: HVC on December 17, 2012, 05:03:23 PM
We have new owners? Crap. CdM is going to be tossed aside to increase shareholder value

:huh:

HVC

Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 17, 2012, 05:04:14 PM
Quote from: HVC on December 17, 2012, 05:03:23 PM

:huh:
you've been gone to long :lol: 
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 17, 2012, 04:13:39 PM
Quote from: HVC on December 17, 2012, 04:05:24 PM
You pass out under stress? Maybe you picked the wrong career :lol:

Although its cute when goats do it, so who knows maybe it works for ya :D

No no, it's that I was so stressed out and pissed off that I was sleeping pretty much whenever I wasn't on shift and still didn't feel rested.  I am a CHAMPION sleeper.
I see. Ya, stress sleep is the worst.

Although, a narcoleptic would make the perfect unbreakable spy.

"did you break him yet. What secrets has he spilled"
"nothing. Every time I ask him a question he falls asleep"

Ideologue

Hey, Ank. :)

I think I'd be okay in a submarine.  They have the Internet in submarines now, right?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)