And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Neil on November 02, 2012, 08:38:01 PM
:lol:

Italian dreadnoughts were noble and lovely ships.

Yeah.  They'd have been great ships if crewed by non-Italians.  :(
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 03, 2012, 02:37:17 AM
Got a warning for spamming in my email dated the 2nd. What's that about? I didn't post much yesterday. :huh:

Von Moltke finally unfucked the email system, so all kinds of old shit has been sent out in the last week.

Count

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzkashi

Buzkashi is often compared to polo. Both games are played between people on horseback, both involve propelling an object toward a goal, and both get fairly rough. However, polo is played with a ball, and buzkashi is played with a headless goat carcass.
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

Razgovory

Hey, where is Yi?  I'm suppose to be stalking the little bastard, I can't do that if he's not here.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Count on November 03, 2012, 11:29:53 AM

Buzkashi is often compared to polo. Both games are played between people on horseback, both involve propelling an object toward a goal, and both get fairly rough. However, polo is played with a ball, and buzkashi is played with a headless goat carcass.

I remember hearing about that when the Afghan war started, and thinking that there might be a cultural gulf between Americans and Afghanis.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on November 03, 2012, 10:43:34 PM
Hey, where is Yi?  I'm suppose to be stalking the little bastard, I can't do that if he's not here.

Use your stalker skillz to find him.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 03, 2012, 10:47:54 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 03, 2012, 10:43:34 PM

Use your stalker skillz to find him.

Raz is a sloppy stalker.  He's probably working at the Iowa Romney headquarters or something.

katmai

Raz for Romney in Iowa?

You are right Raz is a sloppy stalker if he thinks that is where he is at.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Denmark's second tallest building was just torn down! Or at least I think that's what I heard.

107m ugly blue gas silo is no more.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

That's really not that tall at all.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

Considering that most buildings in Copenhagen have no more than 5 floors it seems very tall. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 04, 2012, 06:16:49 AM
That's really not that tall at all.

Pretty tall when you're standing next to it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Count on November 03, 2012, 11:29:53 AM

They say its purely an accident of history that English derived sports are the ones that dominate the world- Britain being the first industrial nation, the first to codify and spread their sports, etc....
Of course the idea of Afghanistan being the first is utterly ridiculous. But still, interesting to think of a world where that game is a leading sport. Synthetic goat carcasses and that.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Britain has invaded all but 22 countries in the world in its long and colourful history, new research has found.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/9653497/British-have-invaded-nine-out-of-ten-countries-so-look-out-Luxembourg.html

DGuller

What dishonorable scum.  :mad: