And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 29, 2012, 07:17:10 AM
Quote from: Josephus on October 28, 2012, 07:19:06 PM
JUst spent four hours with my one and a half year old niece. I'm pooped. Not sure how some of you guys do this full time.

We're pooped too, at some point it's just the normal state of things.

Try two.  :zzz
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on October 29, 2012, 09:06:08 AM
JUst spent four hours with my one and a half year old niece. I'm pooped. Not sure how some of you guys do this full time.

God bless you.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

One or two kids wearing you out. Amateurs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Working on it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Yes.

I mean, I'm in the :perv: part. I don't think she's preggo yet.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Google doodle celebrates the man of happy little trees. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Yeah, by yourself all day Sunday and Monday thru Wednesday evenings.  Wife loves her 4-day work schedule but it's killing me.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on October 29, 2012, 10:18:14 AM
Google doodle celebrates the man of happy little trees. :)

I barely knew who that guy was until MTV had its commercials with him in the 90s. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Lettow77

Bob Ross should be a very celebrated public figure, secondary only to a luminary giant like Mr. Rogers. :)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Syt

According to a recent representative poll in Austria:

19% are interested in politics (2004: 26%)
48% keep up somewhat with the main headlines (2004: 48%)
33% don't care about/follow politics at all (2004: 19%)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Neil

Quote from: Syt on October 29, 2012, 03:13:11 PM
According to a recent representative poll in Austria:

19% are interested in politics (2004: 26%)
48% keep up somewhat with the main headlines (2004: 48%)
33% don't care about/follow politics at all (2004: 19%)
Well, it makes sense.  Why would you care about politics when scumbag lawyers will just destroy anything you try and improve.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.