News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on October 06, 2012, 10:16:34 PM
Was listening to a Fibber McGee and Molly from 1941 where McGee gets his draft notice and dutifully intends to go into the Army despite being like 50.  Yuk yuk the joke of course is that Fibber is late to join up because the draft notice was actually sent in 1918.  The upshot is he briefly considers going down to the training camp and jumping the fence, but Molly wisely counsels that he'd never get past the guards, and McGee agrees, noting "At least we live in a country where the guards are there to keep you out of the camp!"

WHAT, TOO FUCKING SOON?

No shit. WE HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF A HALLOWCOST

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ideologue

That one's kind of funnier.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I've got a copy of the watchtower for you folks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

So my parents are still camping up in Alexandria Bay, and have been doing some day trips into Soviet Canuckistan this week.

Mom:  "That waiter is such a nice young man.  Too bad about that awful speech impediment."
Dad:  "He doesn't have a speech impediment, dear.  He's French Canadian.  It's called an accent."

Americans.  :lol:

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Syt

A guy walks into a cheap brothel and walks up to the elderly lady running the place.

"Do you have a real blonde? I mean, where the carpet matches the drapes if you know what I mean?"

"Sure", says the lady. "Upstairs, room 21."

Off he goes, enters the room and sees the hooker lying on the bed. She has beautiful blonde hair, but there's a black triangle between her legs.

Without a word the customer stomps back down to the elderly lady and demands an explanation.

"Oh," she says, "I forgot to tell you, you have to bang hard on the door when you go in."

He's a bit surprised by this, but gives it a try anyways. He goes back upstairs, bangs the door hard a few times, then goes in, and sure enough: blonde curls between the hooker's legs.

"Ok," he says, "what's the deal here. How did you change your color so fast and what's with the door banging?"

The hooker says, "It chases the flies away."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on October 07, 2012, 01:00:37 AM
:x

I read that story a couple times over looking for the funny part, shoulda known it was the reactions elicited.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

The 70s were weird:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW8LPgv4NK0

QuoteBall Buster - it's a family game. It's fun for the children, and for adults it's exciting.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

The only thing sillier than the drama of cop romances is the drama of Dazzling Urbanite cop romances.

A Detroit police chief's romantic affairs ceased to be his own business when his subordinate and alleged ex-lover posted a disturbing photo on Twitter.

Detroit Police Officer Angelica Robinson apparently tweeted a photo of herself with a gun in her mouth after she got word that Chief Ralph Godbee was attending a police conference with another woman. (The Daily Dot was unable to locate her Twitter account, and no news outlet has posted it.)

Robinson's attorney, David Robinson, told the AP the relationship between his client and Godbee began in 2008, before Godbee had been promoted to chief. Both parties were, and continue to be, married to other people.

"There was a sexual relationship between my client and Godbee," Robinson told them. "She was trying to end the relationship, and Godbee didn't want to let it go."

Robinson's claim doesn't explain his client's erratic behavior, going so far as to post a series of disturbing tweets before the photo.
While the local government investigates the claims, Detroit Mayor Dave Bing has put Godbee on probation.

Godbee was promoted to police chief in 2010 after Bing fired his predecessor, Warren Evans, in part for becoming involved with a female officer.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.