The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

So does my dad :lol:
His 28' motorhome isn't good enough for him anymore
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

I refuse to go "roughing it" unless "roughing it" means a heated cottage with working toilet.

I tented once in Scotland. Woke up with a thin layer of ice on my 5-day old beard. Only cool thing was waking up to the sounds of sheep braying. Felt like I was on a Pink Floyd record.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on October 01, 2012, 05:39:25 PM
I refuse to go "roughing it" unless "roughing it" means a heated cottage with working toilet.

:yes:

Though I'm just as likely to be worried about the cottage having AC as heat, especially in the summer.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 01, 2012, 05:44:37 PM

:yes:

Though I'm just as likely to be worried about the cottage having AC as heat, especially in the summer.

:cheers:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

I don't mind camping, I particularly like the feeling when you've spent days on end outside.

However after all the camping ins and outs/necessities I find the actual hanging around in a tent rather boring, for me it's the journeying in between stops that's important. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HVC

I tented once in Scotland. Woke up with a thin layer of ice on my 5-day old beard. Only cool thing was waking up to the sounds of sheep braying. Felt like I was on a Pink Floyd record.
You should tell us the story of your caping trip with Brain. sounds fun :) :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

I tented in Scotland.  I woke up one night with a frog in my sleeping bag.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: Barrister on October 01, 2012, 07:20:52 PM

That's a euphemism isn't it ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

ulmont

Quote from: mongers on October 01, 2012, 07:26:48 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 01, 2012, 07:20:52 PM

That's a euphemism isn't it ?

No, it's just a mildly insulting term for the French.

Eddie Teach

How did Mrs BB feel about this French connection?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 01, 2012, 05:20:54 PM
I've considered getting one of these for the FJ, for road trips/camping and the like...

Though the remote area of Grand Canyon I stopped at on my last road trip would have been a PITA with a trailer...even a 4x4 one.

Those are nice.

BTW, I never shared pics of the FJ Summit, I'll post a link in a minute.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

alfred russel

I'm doing a four day hike to Machu Picchu on the Inca Trail next month, which involves sleeping in tents, etc. I'm not sure if it counts as really roughing it though since we are going to have people to carry/set up our tents and supplies and having a cook come along.  :)

[for those that remember me asking about Bolivia, this is the alternate that was chosen]
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

I'm going camping next weekend up in Jackson County, KY (up in Appalachia).  Princesca's sister's boyfriend's family owns a woodlot on one of the mountain ridges up there.  We got an SUV tent which we set up in the driveway as a test yesterday.  I think it's going to be awesome. :cool:

I keep telling Princesca we can camp in the woods at the back of our property if she really wants to go camping, but for some reason she dismisses that idea. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Ok, AR's near-simultaneous post of his trip makes me look like a total loser now. :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Yeah it is just that post that makes it seem so. :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son