Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

God, I do so love the French.

QuoteExclusive Parisian hotel 'won't be open to Chinese tourists'
By NBC News staff

The founder of the French fashion label Zadig & Voltaire said an exclusive Parisian hotel the company plans to open in 2014 will not be open to Chinese tourists, according to Vogue UK. The label later said the comment by the brand's founder and owner, Thierry Gillier, was misunderstood.

The hotel will be located in a private mansion on the city's Left Bank.

"This was a project dear to our hearts," the brand's founder and owner, Thierry Gillier, told WWD. "It will be a slightly private hotel, not open to everybody, with 40 rooms. We are going to select guests. It won't be open to Chinese tourists, for example. There is a lot of demand in Paris -- many people are looking for quiet hotels with a certain privacy."

According to French newspaper Liberation, the label later asked WWD to remove the reference to Chinese tourists from its article, stressing that Gillier's words were misinterpreted and he was referring to "mass tourism." The magazine complied with the request, changing the phrase "Chinese tourists" to "busloads of tourists."

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 28, 2012, 09:58:49 PM
Well, that's one way to bump the daytime ratings.
I bet they shot through the roof.

Zanza

Do other countries than the USA show live car chases on TV? Never saw that stuff here.

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on September 29, 2012, 02:25:59 AM
Do other countries than the USA show live car chases on TV? Never saw that stuff here.

I think in Germany that kind of reporting fell out of favor after Gladbeck. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on September 28, 2012, 10:18:12 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 28, 2012, 09:58:49 PM
Well, that's one way to bump the daytime ratings.
I bet they shot through the roof.

You think that's funny?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: HVC on September 23, 2012, 09:38:28 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 23, 2012, 09:35:00 AM
Quote from: HVC on September 23, 2012, 09:32:13 AM
Looks like the average languishite has a greater shot at nailing Charlize Theron then was ever previously thought possible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2207320/Charlize-Theron-happy-new-man-Eric-Stonestreet-adopted-son-Modern-Family.html

Everything seems to be citing the mail thus far.
i take celebe stuff (what little i read) witha  grain of salt. If it's not fake then it's just leaked by publisits anyway. unless, you know, the actress runs someone over. then that's leaked by the person getting run over :D

Well I'm just glad to see that I was right. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on September 29, 2012, 07:36:11 PM
Quote from: HVC on September 23, 2012, 09:38:28 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 23, 2012, 09:35:00 AM
Quote from: HVC on September 23, 2012, 09:32:13 AM
Looks like the average languishite has a greater shot at nailing Charlize Theron then was ever previously thought possible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2207320/Charlize-Theron-happy-new-man-Eric-Stonestreet-adopted-son-Modern-Family.html

Everything seems to be citing the mail thus far.
i take celebe stuff (what little i read) witha  grain of salt. If it's not fake then it's just leaked by publisits anyway. unless, you know, the actress runs someone over. then that's leaked by the person getting run over :D

Well I'm just glad to see that I was right. :P
Such a girl :P

But i'll admit i was wrong and you were right :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

That's one weird bit of aircraft history:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on September 29, 2012, 02:30:59 AM
Quote from: Zanza on September 29, 2012, 02:25:59 AM

I think in Germany that kind of reporting fell out of favor after Gladbeck. :P

There's always Alarm für Kobra 11: die Autobahn Polizei, for your car chase and twisted metal fix, anyways.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 30, 2012, 12:31:00 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 29, 2012, 05:27:25 PM
Just as I thought.

Love the new avatar. :lol:

He's got two pair of them, remember.  It's like he's blocked in on his Big Wheel at both ends of the hallway.

Josephus

SO Volgograd will be one of the Russian cities hosting the world up in 2018. Would be so cool for the Germans to have to play there.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011