News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

84 pages into the 190 page technical report on the management of the river I live next to; damn do these river engineers/ecologists like their TLAs.   :hmm:

My interim conclusion, who knew rivers were in need of this much management/control, how they managed to survive until now god only knows. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on August 30, 2012, 05:41:17 PM
Got a new job. almost twice what i was making before. Downside, i'm way underqualified. time to fake it til i make it :lol:

Woohoo!

Drinks are on HVC next Toronto meet-up!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Saw Alanis Morissette tonight at an interview on stage. Lovely to see her from so up close even though she's now all about monogamy and motherhood. :D

Also, I realized that even though I own all her albums since Jagged Little Pill, I'm still not a super fan. They had us fill out a notecard with a question on our way in and then some of them got posed to Alanis on stage. When walking out heard a woman whose question got asked and she was saying about how when she realized it was her question she started freaking out and then didn't hear the answer from Alanis. WTF?

Oh and when asked about the best place to raise kids, she said Canada was pretty awesome. Also someone asked if her Hungarian heritage has any influence on her music and she was like I don't think it affects which chords I select.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Most of her songs have a Gypsy tinge.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on August 31, 2012, 12:50:15 AM

How is that RELEVANT to the previous post, HA?!!!  :mad:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on August 31, 2012, 01:53:22 AM

Beets me.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Eddie Teach

These Hungarian jokes are a magyar disappointment. :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tamas on August 31, 2012, 01:53:22 AM

Were the songs stolen?

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on August 30, 2012, 11:38:47 PM
Got a new job. almost twice what i was making before. Downside, i'm way underqualified. time to fake it til i make it :lol:

Woohoo!

:cheers:

Though personally, I prefer to use a table. More stable.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on August 31, 2012, 08:10:48 AM
Quote from: Barrister on August 30, 2012, 11:38:47 PM

Woohoo!

:cheers:

Though personally, I prefer to use a table. More stable.
:lol: Thanks guys. BB, i shall pay a round :P Although i don't make the scratch for Yi's hooker and blow suggestion. Well, maybe one hooker :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Got a new job. almost twice what i was making before.

Wasn't that long ago that I had practically doubled my salary, either.

Just a tip from a friend:  sock some of it away before you start shopping for a whole new wardrobe commensurate with your new tax bracket.  You never know when it's going to be taken away from you to increase shareholder value.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 31, 2012, 08:41:03 AM
Got a new job. almost twice what i was making before.

Wasn't that long ago that I had practically doubled my salary, either.

Just a tip from a friend:  sock some of it away before you start shopping for a whole new wardrobe commensurate with your new tax bracket.  You never know when it's going to be taken away from you to increase shareholder value.
oh, don't worry, i save. even at my crappy salary i was saving. Childhood experiences have taught me well. and it's a private company, so shareholders be damned.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.