News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I've decided I wouldn't mind going to some of the less-populated parts of Brazil.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2012, 03:33:59 PM
I've decided I wouldn't mind going to some of the less-populated parts of Brazil.

The Jungles?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Apparently the Allied bombing campaign over Munich is not yet over...

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

They were doing some evacuations this morning.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/wwii-bomb-discovered-in-munich-city-center-a-852524.html

Apparently the operation went badly and the thing went off.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on August 28, 2012, 03:44:55 PM

The Jungles?

Iguazu Falls and some of the more secluded beaches.  Possibly Natal.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Larch

Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2012, 04:02:57 PM

The Jungles?

Wouldn't Iguaçu be dangerously close to Argentina?  :P

derspiess

Quote from: The Larch on August 28, 2012, 04:12:29 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2012, 04:02:57 PM

The Jungles?

Wouldn't Iguaçu be dangerously close to Argentina?  :P

Argentines are my people.  They don't dare harm me.

Barrister

I don't know if it counts as "less-populated", but we're not going to Rio or Sao Paulo, but rather to Salvador, which from what I've seen looks nice enough.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Your LOLWUTDUMBASS post of the day

QuoteMan killed while trying to create Bigfoot sighting

ALISPELL, Mont. — A man dressed in a military-style "ghillie" suit and apparently trying to provoke reports of a Bigfoot sighting in northwest Montana was struck by two cars and killed, authorities said.

The man was standing in the right-hand lane of U.S. Highway 93 south of Kalispell on Sunday night when he was hit by the first car, according to the Montana Highway Patrol. A second car hit the man as he lay in the roadway, authorities said.

Flathead County officials identified the man as Randy Lee Tenley, 44, of Kalispell. Trooper Jim Schneider said motives were ascertained during interviews with friends, and alcohol may have been a factor but investigators were awaiting tests.

"He was trying to make people think he was Sasquatch so people would call in a Sasquatch sighting," Schneider told the Daily Inter Lake on Monday. "You can't make it up. I haven't seen or heard of anything like this before. Obviously, his suit made it difficult for people to see him."

Ghillie suits are a type of full-body clothing made to resemble heavy foliage and used to camouflage military snipers.

"He probably would not have been very easy to see at all," Schneider told KECI-TV.

Tenley was struck by vehicles driven by two girls, ages 15 and 17, who were unable to stop in time, authorities said.

MadImmortalMan

I have a package waiting for me at home. Mrs MIM keeps sending me emails and texts asking what it is and should she open it. I keep not saying what's in it. It's driving her nuts. :lol:

This is fun. My last reply was: It might be a boat!

Ed Anger

Operation Wirbelwind is underway. Brigadefuhrer Drut is in the garage and 3 cages have been deployed. The Skunks will be annihilated!

HEIL ED! HEIL ED!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 28, 2012, 06:03:21 PM
Operation Wirbelwind is underway. Brigadefuhrer Drut is in the garage and 3 cages have been deployed. The Skunks will be annihilated!

HEIL ED! HEIL ED!

You expect a cat to take on a skunk??

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 28, 2012, 06:05:06 PM

lol, no shit.  Cat gets that first blast, it's gonna bail faster than an Algerian at Ypres.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 28, 2012, 06:05:06 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 28, 2012, 06:03:21 PM

HEIL ED! HEIL ED!

:rolleyes:

Brigadefuhrer Drut is in the garage means he is out of the way. The cages are outside.

Sigh. You people sometimes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 28, 2012, 06:07:52 PM
Brigadefuhrer Drut is in the garage means he is out of the way. The cages are outside.

Sigh. You people sometimes.

Festung Drut, eh?