News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

First day of school. It'll be interesting going back after 6 years of work.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 27, 2012, 12:29:42 AM
That woman wouldn't know the first thing about being Fluttershy. She is not much of a proper fan of the series in the first place, but she isn't a proper lady, nor anywhere near demure enough.

Her cosplay is weak and inadequate, while her accent and manner of speech is grating.

None of that is relevant to her suitability to be on a magazine cover.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Tsk! She is nothing more than a spittoon for vile men to cast their lusts. You are welcome to it.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

Do you think any of the women on the cover Ed posted are demure, proper ladies?

Lettow77

Their eyes have a confident and unbecoming cast, don't you think? Demure, proper ladies could be posted upon request.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 27, 2012, 02:45:08 AM
Demure, proper ladies could be posted upon request.

Please do.

Lettow77

Note the modesty of her attire, the traditional, unassuming hair cut, and the proximity to multiple cats.

Yes, this lady is assuredly the flower of her generation.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 27, 2012, 02:21:26 AM
Tsk! She is nothing more than a spittoon for vile men to cast their lusts. You are welcome to it.
You're nuttier than squirrel shit, but boy do you have a way with words. :wub:  :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 27, 2012, 03:21:10 AM

Note the modesty of her attire, the traditional, unassuming hair cut, and the proximity to multiple cats.

Yes, this lady is assuredly the flower of her generation.

I see crazy in her eyes.  :ph34r:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Lettow77

Crazy? Nothing of the sort. It is merely that she is adjacent to some dozen cats and a foreigner as well, such that an unfamiliar ebullience is threatening to overcome the habitually passive continence of her culture.

Syt

Why do Japanese girls habitually make the V sign on pictures taken by them, btw?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Lettow77

They are adorably idealistic and genuinely believe in world peace and the community of man.

Also, it is what Japanese people do. What Japanese people do becomes self-sustaining under its own momentum- you can't simply place yourself outside of the in-group by acting differently.

Admiral Yi

Chick has some freakin' long fingers.

I'd hit it.

Lettow77

Ah, Languish!

Bad, Bad Leroy Brown is so pleasant! It immediately calls to mind "Hard" culture and the self-destructive actions of Memphis's coloured community, in which one cannot help but see a certain admirable vitality and vibrance. The strutting hubris of Mr. Brown, as he refuses to allow civilization and notions of common decency to restrain his behaviour- the ardour with which he braves destruction in the face of its certainty is comparable to the pluck and swoop with which turn-of-the-century Frenchmen dash toward machine guns.

I applaud the saga of his actions, even as I applaud his fate. It is reminiscent of The Dying Gaul, for in the savage's death throes we can appreciate that something stridently magnificent is passing from the world.

Mr. Brown would assuredly try to rape demure, proper ladies, but it is a fine song nonetheless. Does the Southern aristocrat, with his swiftness to self-destructive behaviour and irascible, dueling nature, represent the auspicious conjunction between the savage and the trappings of civilization and decency? I enjoy thinking about it.