News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

At the risk of confirming the message, whatever it is, I don't get it either.  :huh:

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 24, 2012, 05:31:14 PM
I don't get it. :huh:

"You can take the girl out of New York, but you can't take New York out of the girl."

Does that help ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on August 24, 2012, 05:37:15 PM
"You can take the girl out of New York, but you can't take New York out of the girl."

Does that help ?

So for example, DGuller carries a little bit of Poland and Montenegro wherever he goes?  :huh:

HVC

They're all dirty dirty Slavs. Basically DGuller is no better than a Serb.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 24, 2012, 05:45:40 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 24, 2012, 05:37:15 PM

Does that help ?

So for example, DGuller carries a little bit of Poland and Montenegro wherever he goes?  :huh:

He has to sleep in soil from his native land.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on August 24, 2012, 01:24:06 PM
Why wouldn't it count as an import?

I assumed it was made under license in the US.

DGuller

Just watched a show on History Channel about a hurricane hitting NYC.  The innumeracy displayed there is just infuriating.  They had one "expert" find evidence of 1893 hurricane, and from that conclude that major hurricanes should strike NYC every 75 years.  The last one was in 1938, so we're almost "due".  The fact that "once in 75 year" hurricanes happened in 1893 and 1938 didn't seem to raise any doubts in his mind as to the validity of the "due" thinking.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Yes, I know, ragging on History channel for fallacies and inaccuracies is like ragging on Martinus for bad analogies, or ragging on Tamas for his preoccupation with beets.

Admiral Yi

In the same FT article from which I learned Corona is the #1 imported beer, I also learned that Sara Lee was bought by the audaciously named Mexican baker Grupo Bimbo.

FunkMonk

I know there are some current and former navy folks here, as well as navy fanboys, so they might get a chuckle out of this.

Like a Chief (rap song)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on August 24, 2012, 10:12:14 PM
More internet weirdness, google "nice looking woman" with the safe search option off,  go on I dare you:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22nice+looking+woman%22&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=ySS&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=5T44UN3hDqq20QX4-IDIDA&ved=0CCEQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=629

Did I miss something? Mainly pictures of the same woman show up on all filters although more of them on off and moderate vs. strict.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on August 24, 2012, 07:35:24 PM
Just watched a show on History Channel about a hurricane hitting NYC.  The innumeracy displayed there is just infuriating.  They had one "expert" find evidence of 1893 hurricane, and from that conclude that major hurricanes should strike NYC every 75 years.  The last one was in 1938, so we're almost "due".  The fact that "once in 75 year" hurricanes happened in 1893 and 1938 didn't seem to raise any doubts in his mind as to the validity of the "due" thinking.

Didn't the metro area just have a hurricane last fall?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: mongers on August 24, 2012, 10:12:14 PM
More internet weirdness, google "nice looking woman" with the safe search option off,  go on I dare you:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22nice+looking+woman%22&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=ySS&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=5T44UN3hDqq20QX4-IDIDA&ved=0CCEQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=629
Whoa, whoa, there are depictions of nude women on the Internet?  A little warning would be nice.  :rolleyes: