Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 21, 2012, 07:42:38 PM
Corpsmen for Marines. Navy provides the medics.

Seabees go too, or at least they went to Iraq, along with the "usual" SEAL and EOD stuff.  My dumbass was a cunthair away from a) joining SWCC while I was still in (I don't know what they're up to in all this), then b) signing up to be a Seabee about a year after I left the Navy.  Some sort of strange guilt trip about so many buddies of mine having gone over there while I partied all over WESTPAC.  Heh.   :huh:

Josquius

I was sure I made a spam post here but its nowhere to be seen...I think I posted in the wrong thread....but where....hmm....

Quote from: Syt on August 21, 2012, 02:45:38 PM
Homicides in cities >100,000 people in Germany 2009.

The Peace of Augsburg holds!
██████
██████
██████

katmai

Quote from: lustindarkness on August 21, 2012, 01:05:52 PM
Quote from: Syt on August 21, 2012, 12:35:38 PM
So what tasks would require Navy personnel in landlocked Afghanistan? Serious question.

Anything and everything a soldier can and sometimes cannot do. It truly is a one war one team deal, personnel of all branches working together as a unit. From training the afghans, to building schools, to getting blown up by thos same afghans.

Why my cousin has been over there three times now, not to mention his deployment to Fallujah years ago too.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

My apartment uses gas for heating and hot water, meaning once a quarter a chimney sweep drops by to see if all's right.

The last two times he arrived very late (after 10am and after 11am), and said it might be next he comes around in the afternoon. So instead of saying at work I'll be late, I take the whole day off. You know, to be on the safe side, and not having to rush to the office afterwards.

When does he arrive today? 7:15 am. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Can't. Fucking. Sleep.

Also, I forgot how funny Zack Parsons can be.  I'd missed that guy!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on August 21, 2012, 02:45:38 PM
Homicides in cities >100,000 people in Germany 2009.

Magdeburg almost as bad as Frankfurt, that hotbed of crime ;). Tokio Hotel influence for the first?

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Grey Fox

Israel is a dangerous place apparently.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Mama said knock you out for trying to take my plasma.

CountDeMoney

QuoteThe suspect had "a lot of contusions to his face area," will be charged with burglary, according to officials.

Fucking cop speak.  :rolleyes:

Josquius

Contusion....man. Not heard that word for ages.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Prince Harry what a cad! :D

I hear contusion all the time when listening to Fiona wax lyrically about her heart contusion.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers