News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Is there something in particular you are waiting for? Finishing school or something? Can you not get a visa?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josephus

Just tell her she makes you ill. Easiest way about it.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on March 29, 2012, 09:01:12 PM

I did.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Lettow77

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 29, 2012, 07:16:49 PM
Is there something in particular you are waiting for? Finishing school or something? Can you not get a visa?

Applied to summer programs. After that, finishing school, and then hopefully the JET program. If not, some inferior alternative.

Edit: I had tea since the last post, and I felt better. It really is that easy  :)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 29, 2012, 09:15:52 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 29, 2012, 07:16:49 PM

Applied to summer programs. After that, finishing school, and then hopefully the JET program. If not, some inferior alternative.

Edit: I had tea since the last post, and I felt better. It really is that easy  :)

I hope some Japanese businessman makes you his comfort pillow.  You fucking freak.

Razgovory

Quote from: mongers on March 29, 2012, 09:12:39 PM
Quote from: Josephus on March 29, 2012, 09:01:12 PM

I did.

Can you tell us why she made you ill?  Ugly, stinks, emits strange radiation...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Lettow77

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 29, 2012, 09:20:59 PM
I hope some Japanese businessman makes you his comfort pillow.  You fucking freak.

If it meant citizenship..

Gohan to ofuro..soretomo..atashi?

There are worse things, I guess.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ideologue

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 29, 2012, 07:15:49 PM
Some days the dream of living in Japan seems more distant than others. Those are bad days.

I had intended to seek out an afrikaner maiden today who is serving bobotie at..some event or another, but I suddenly was hit by the malaise rather severely.

There is always recourse to tea, but for some reason I haven't made it yet. It is part-and-parcel of the general lack of energy to seek out things I would seemingly enjoy.

At work, Wall of Voodoo's "Call of the West" came on and I thought of you.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 29, 2012, 09:48:08 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 29, 2012, 09:20:59 PM

If it meant citizenship..

Gohan to ofuro..soretomo..atashi?

There are worse things, I guess.

Yeah. Becoming a comfort pillow for two Japanese businessmen.

Razgovory

Or one Korean business man.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I have victoriously returned from the west.
It is my conclusion that Hiroshima is the Newcastle of Japan.
Which is a good thing.
Also my city sucks. Every other city seems a better place to live. Oh the places I should have chosen instead....

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 23, 2012, 10:51:57 PM
Hey tyr, how long will you be in Japan, again? Maybe we could meet :)

Next year at least.

That would be....curious.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: Ideologue on March 28, 2012, 11:02:50 PM
Working a straight eight at doc review blows.  I am resolved to show up to work before noon tomorrow.

Lol oops.

I am resolved to show up to work before noon tomorrow.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

I look forward to the 'Tim Acquires Taste (2052)' picture :)
Let's bomb Russia!