Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

I didn't know Neil had a thing for unicorns.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

A throne made from platinum, gold and encrusted in jewels? Sounds not particularly comfy.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Also, I think that monkey stole Ide's tux.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 22, 2012, 06:12:46 PM

Awesome.
Though I wonder, is that half platinum, and half solid gold and jewel encrusted, or is that half platinum, half solid gold, and the whole lot jewel encrusted?
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on March 23, 2012, 02:34:11 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 22, 2012, 06:12:46 PM

Awesome.
Though I wonder, is that half platinum, and half solid gold and jewel encrusted, or is that half platinum, half solid gold, and the whole lot jewel encrusted?

Whatever it is, it's "half platnum".

Josquius

Tomorrow my sojurn westwards begins.
First to Tokyo then an overnight bus to Hiroshima- at first it was planned to be some special bus with super reclining seats but the lady-woman changed it to a later, more normal one for some reason....gah.
There shall we see the sights. I shall have to wear my Sweden football shirt when we go to the atomic museum to reiterate my non-Americaness. Miyajima has me more excited than Hiro TBH.
After Hiro its to Okayama for a day. A dull prefecture apparently which my co-workers are surprised I'm even giving a look. But its en route and there is apparently a pretty garden and a decent castle. I shall stay in Okayama alone a night as my friend returns to Tokyo for worky purposes.
Up early in Okayama then on the shinkansen. To Himeji in Hyogo I shall hurry. The castle is apparently under rennovations and not the impressive sight it is meant to be. Which fills me with sadness. But investigate I shall, it should be good for 2 or 3 hours.
Then its back to the station and on the train to Osaka. I believe I will stop there for 2 or 3 hours again. Purely to see the big impressive building, the name of which I forget, by the station. Osaka was not in my plans but I have a train exchange there anyway so...might as well stretch it out longer than necessary. Osaka proper is on the drawing board for an epic Kinki trip at a later daye.
From Osaka I will dash to Kyoto where I am to stay the night. I shall enjoy the sights and lead a brief 2 hour or so expedition to Shiga so that I may gaze upon Lake Biwa. I will only have one full day in Kyoto before my night bus back to Kofu and then into work on Friday- luckily my office should be empty then so perhaps I can nap or even just show my face then go home.
In Kyoto I think I will only really have time for the imperial palace-castley area.
I am nervous. Travelling makes me nervous. Well. Planned travelling with bookings and reservations does. I'm looking forward to travelling in summer more when I can just go as the winds take me, sleeping beneath the moon and generally having good crack- cursed Yamanashi and its lack of an eastern exit.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on March 23, 2012, 07:24:24 AM
I shall have to wear my Sweden football shirt when we go to the atomic museum

:cheers:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PDH

Quote from: Syt on March 23, 2012, 01:31:31 AM
A throne made from platinum, gold and encrusted in jewels? Sounds not particularly comfy.

But pretty dang sweet.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

If I'm not mistaken today was the first day (out of three scheduled) of oral arguments in Obamacare vs. VRWC.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 23, 2012, 05:44:51 PM
If I'm not mistaken today was the first day (out of three scheduled) of oral arguments in Obamacare vs. VRWC.
How long would it take for the justices to pretend to consider the arguments presented before revealing the decision?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on March 23, 2012, 05:49:23 PM
How long would it take for the justices to pretend to consider the arguments presented before revealing the decision?

Talk smack all you want to jude, you're going down.