News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on February 20, 2012, 08:01:43 AM
A thought which struck me today: meercats. Why is it only the past decade their cuteness has become known and appreciated?

Because you're too young to remember Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and real-life Disney films they'd show us in elementary school in the '70s.

A BIG FILM REEL?  MUST BE A BUENA VISTA PRODUCTION!

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 20, 2012, 08:15:05 AM
Because you're too young to remember Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and real-life Disney films they'd show us in elementary school in the '70s.

I loved that show.  Its unfortunate that Mutual of Omaha decided not to syndicate it. :(

Ed Anger

A thought which struck me today: meercats. Why is it only the past decade their cuteness has become known and appreciated?

There is a flashback.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 20, 2012, 08:50:35 AM

There is a flashback.

I knew it'd hit you, too.  :P

Remember those pangs of unadulterated joy when you saw the teacher bring in the film projector, and seeing that big 12" inch reel on it?  That's gonna burn up all class.
Slide projector?  Well, shit.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 20, 2012, 09:02:29 AM

I knew it'd hit you, too.  :P

Remember those pangs of unadulterated joy when you saw the teacher bring in the film projector, and seeing that big 12" inch reel on it?  That's gonna burn up all class.
Slide projector?  Well, shit.

Hells yeah. Or even better, the assembly in the gym for a disney film. MY LEGS ARE NUMB.

Tamas

Ed Anger

Fuck, the 70's were great. We kids were given free reign to do WHAT THE FUCK WE WANTED TO. Ride my bike to the next town? Be back by 7.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 20, 2012, 09:05:28 AM
Hells yeah. Or even better, the assembly in the gym for a disney film. MY LEGS ARE NUMB.

:lol:  Fucking gym floor.  STOP KICKING ME.

It wasn't until high school when I figured out why, once a semester, we'd go to an all-class assembly for a family-friendly film. 
Why are we watching "What's Up, Doc?"  Because the Sheriff's Department is running the K9s past the lockers, that's what the fuck is up.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 20, 2012, 09:12:14 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 20, 2012, 09:05:28 AM

:lol:  Fucking gym floor.  STOP KICKING ME.

It wasn't until high school when I figured out why, once a semester, we'd go to an all-class assembly for a family-friendly film. 
Why are we watching "What's Up, Doc?"  Because the Sheriff's Department is running the K9s past the lockers, that's what the fuck is up.

:lol:

The teachers were in a group outside the gym doors, trying to smoke as many as they could before having to deal with us again.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 20, 2012, 09:11:00 AM
Fuck, the 70's were great. We kids were given free reign to do WHAT THE FUCK WE WANTED TO. Ride my bike to the next town? Be back by 7.

Amen, brother.
My mother had no problem letting me ride my bike across the fucking town on a Saturday to launch model rockets at the high school stadium.  Don't get into a car with a stranger, and don't get hit by one.
And be home by 7.

Nowadays, kids have fucking RF tracking devices plugged through their ears.

CountDeMoney

I can only imagine how bad The Teachers' Lounges are these days, now that there's no smoking in buildings.
Walking past it back in the day, smelled like a pool hall. And the occasional glimpse inside?  Pure fog.

Brazen

My primary school headmaster banned Tom and Jerry cartoons because they were too violent!

Life On Earth videos made biology classes fly by.

Ed Anger

Man, this is making want to do those alumni visits to my old elementary school. GAH.

Maybe I could get a soy burger like the good old days. I can taste it now.

Neil

Wow.  I just got nostalgiaed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on February 19, 2012, 10:11:56 PM
It's no good to have love defiled by sexuality. It is ideal for women not to feel sexual impulses, but of course this is only an ideal. More practically, they should suppress them, and make no outward display of sexual enjoyment or feeling.

It is more acceptable for men to display sexual feeling, and it should typically be the man thrusting himself upon a woman who submits without her desire of it being an issue; but ideally, I would think the man wouldn't want to either. As a compromise, he should at least feel deeply ashamed. Sexuality is an aspect of the defiled world, etc, etc.
Your thinking is dangerously Muslim.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.