Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

They said that I'm too wordy at work. :weep:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

As in you talk too much or you use big words too much?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

They said my emails to clients are too lengthy, and I need to work in being concise. They are making me meet with some of their business majors next week to discuss business writing. <_<

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jaron on February 19, 2012, 01:56:48 AM
They said that I'm too wordy at work. :weep:
Communicate through dance?
Let's bomb Russia!

sbr

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 19, 2012, 01:45:25 AM
Quote from: sbr on February 19, 2012, 01:42:04 AM
ESPN ran the headline "Chink in the Armor" after Lin had nine turnovers in New York's loss to the New Orleans Hornets on Friday night

:lol:

That's what happens when you let interns take care of shit on the weekend.

Jaron

Some intern is going to lose his (or her) job. :(

Razgovory

God, my head hurts today.  I keep getting bad headaches.  I wonder what is causing it.  Probably thinking to much.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

Try less computer time, if you spend a lot of time on the computer. Do you wear glasses? Maybe you need to have your prescription adjusted.

Lettow77

Languish! I am dying of the consumption- I just coughed up bloody plhegm, and run an alarming fever. It started last night, with massive headaches, a runny nose, dizziness, and vomiting repeatedly as the climax of the evening.

I wish illness was more akin to the victorian ideal in which I gradually got paler and less energetic as I wasted away in a dimly lit room :(

I went away from my computer for the weekend, and left the crystal fortress; it seems this is the penance I pay

I am fond of a lot of you, languish, and would sooner not waste away before I can visit the sacred isles. I kind of enjoy this dreadful fever, though. Delerium is romantic! It flushes the cheeks so- it is utterly regrettable I am not a slender maiden reduced to gasping breaths on a bed as my dearest but strictly platonic maiden friend dabbed me with a wet cloth

isn't it sad, languish ;-;
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Jaron

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Quote from: Lettow77 on February 19, 2012, 02:23:31 PM
Languish! I am dying of the consumption- I just coughed up bloody plhegm, and run an alarming fever. It started last night, with massive headaches, a runny nose, dizziness, and vomiting repeatedly as the climax of the evening.

I wish illness was more akin to the victorian ideal in which I gradually got paler and less energetic as I wasted away in a dimly lit room :(

I went away from my computer for the weekend, and left the crystal fortress; it seems this is the penance I pay

I am fond of a lot of you, languish, and would sooner not waste away before I can visit the sacred isles. I kind of enjoy this dreadful fever, though. Delerium is romantic! It flushes the cheeks so- it is utterly regrettable I am not a slender maiden reduced to gasping breaths on a bed as my dearest but strictly platonic maiden friend dabbed me with a wet cloth

isn't it sad, languish ;-;

Get well soon. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: The Brain on February 19, 2012, 02:33:40 PM
Get well soon. :)
My brother always said he wished he knew someone who had AIDS so he could make that joke. :sleep:

He likes to joke about AIDS a lot, for some reason.  Might be something to do with South Park. :hmm: For example, he has a really jokey relationship with his boss and if he ever needs to call in sick he says stuff like "Hey, it's Mike, I think I caught a case of AIDS so I'm not going to be in today.  But I should be back on Monday."
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on February 19, 2012, 02:23:31 PM
it is utterly regrettable I am not a slender maiden reduced to gasping breaths on a bed as my dearest but strictly platonic maiden friend dabbed me with a wet cloth

:thumbsdown:

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?