News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

A girl made me chocolate for valentines day. Which was....disturbing.

Anyway. This is the best time of year to not have a girlfriend.
In the west anyway. Its next month I have to be careful about in Japan. Especially since things are looking iffy on the single front these days.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

In Japan Valentine's is the day girls are supposed to give gifts to guys.  They have another one called White Day when you're supposed to give to the chicks.

PDH

Giving it to the Japanese chicks is the dream of several posters here.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on February 13, 2012, 08:39:04 PM
Giving it to the Japanese chicks is the dream of several posters here.

I want to do it while dressed as Pappy Boyington.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Whistling Death takes on a whole new meaning.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Sheilbh

Yesterday a kid pointed at me and said 'Look Mummy!  It's Johnny English!'

I am livid.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Lettow77 on February 13, 2012, 02:31:30 PM
I will be spending valentines alone in my crystal fortress. I did send the questing beast her obligatory message, however. :)
What does this even mean!?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 13, 2012, 10:06:08 PM
I will be spending valentines alone in my crystal fortress. I did send the questing beast her obligatory message, however. :)

As the drummer boy go ba-rom-pop-pom-pom
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

He'll be spending Valentine's Day alone but he sent a card to a gal he's sweet on, presumably one well out of his league.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Wait, the questing beast is a fucking person?

LETTOW77 HAS A FUCKBUDDY?

That's it.  It's firearms and pipe bombs from here on in.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Lettow77

What? Don't misunderstand in the least. Also, well out of my league? Goodness! The questing beast is rather homely, and sickly; she announces she is "independent" while independently living in her parents' house, cannot hold a job, does not know the grace of bangs, wasn't kissed until she was over 18, adores trashy vampire "literature", and has nothing interesting to say or do. Moreover, she contains slavic blood.

If she had sexual desire in me, i'd be mortified; I have rejected 3D women's impure advances, after all.

All of this said, the Questing Beast exists to be pursued without any reason, and she is the Questing Beast, so she will receive epistles of praise and letters of longing for as long as we both endure- assuming she remains an undefiled virgin as pure as the driven snow, that is. She is in this respect at least pleasant- her numerous failings have served to keep her isolated from contamination.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on February 14, 2012, 06:07:50 AM
The questing beast is rather <> sickly;

I thought you dug that.

Also this:
Quotewasn't kissed until she was over 18
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Truth be told, I sort of do  :blush:
It isn't an endearing sickliness that saps her energy and leaves her perpetually melancholy out on the veranda or draped upon a chaise longue- rather, she takes a cocktail of pills for garden variety illnesses and mental problems, and likely will have more serious problems as she ages. The sort of thing that cuts into lifespan, creates chemical dependency, and whispers of expensive medical bills to come.

Not the romantic image of the consumptive lady, no.   :(

edit: and yes, her chaste nature is her greatest virtue. Still, she's far removed from my notion of attractive. The odds of her greeting her weary husband's arrival home in an apron and bringing delicious tea are vanishingly remote.

Edit: It's been a year and a day single, now! I feel fairly optimistic about the day. I blame it entirely on soft music- it's shocking how much influence the right song at the right time can have. How soon until I can prepare morning tea without waking my wonderful roommate, I wonder?
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'