The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Being cold sucks, ergo skiing sucks. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: sbr on January 09, 2012, 07:36:12 PM
I was the same way with smart phones.  I have had one for 2 weeks and am not sure how I lived without it for so long.  :D

I decided that yeah if I went smartphone, I'd never be able to handle the regular ghetto phone that I have. I already waste enough money on keeping a car in the city and living in the village, so I figure that's one luxury that I'll have to forgo. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on January 09, 2012, 07:52:52 PM
Being cold sucks, ergo skiing sucks. :)

Water skiing is awesome.  :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Whatever Sonny Bono did, don't.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on January 09, 2012, 11:32:25 PM
Whatever Sonny Bono did, don't.

While I agree that Palm Springs and the Other Desert Cities are role models for us all, I doubt that extends out to Tyr "Oh it got up to 65, I might catch a sunburn."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zanza on January 07, 2012, 02:20:08 PM
ARTE (German-French culture TV) shows a film on Frederick the Great. They casted two women to play him.  :hmm:

:yuk: :x
Awful, just watched a bit and could not stand it. It's still available on arte +7 (catch-up service).

Liep

Gonna book this year's vacation, Japan it is. Hope to go in mid-April, there's a wonderful sale going on in SAS for cheap return tickets.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

Quote from: Liep on January 10, 2012, 10:38:43 AM
Gonna book this year's vacation, Japan it is. Hope to go in mid-April, there's a wonderful sale going on in SAS for cheap return tickets.

You work as a train driver, right? in which country? do you have openings?

HVC

Quote from: Tamas on January 10, 2012, 10:39:32 AM

:lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tamas on January 10, 2012, 10:39:32 AM

There's good money in plumbing. You tryed that yet?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Booked! I probably should've requested vacation time before I booked the plane tickets though. Things to do in Japan? One week is earmarked for diving near Okinawa, supposedly there's amazing corals down there.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on January 10, 2012, 09:06:23 AM
Quote from: Zanza on January 07, 2012, 02:20:08 PM
ARTE (German-French culture TV) shows a film on Frederick the Great. They casted two women to play him.  :hmm:

:yuk: :x
Awful, just watched a bit and could not stand it. It's still available on arte +7 (catch-up service).

Was it just a gay love story between him and voltaire?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

For the first time in, uhm, ever, all 4 or 5 historical monthlies that I normally check (I buy depending on topic) have the same topic: Frederick the Great.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on January 10, 2012, 11:07:17 AM
Booked! I probably should've requested vacation time before I booked the plane tickets though. Things to do in Japan? One week is earmarked for diving near Okinawa, supposedly there's amazing corals down there.

Japs invented the rub and tug (also known as the happy ending massage).  They are truly gifted.  The Japanese name for it is "soap friend."

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on January 10, 2012, 11:07:17 AM

Isn't Tyr there?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011