Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 25, 2011, 12:15:16 AM
Quote from: sbr on December 25, 2011, 12:06:45 AM
My ex-wife now has a neck tattoo.  :hmm:

Those always look good at job interviews.  Right there with face tattoos.

She hasn't had a real job in almost 5 years, I can't imagine this is a good sign.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Back from a church service myself. It was Lutheran, so the dourness was quite adequate.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on December 25, 2011, 12:06:45 AM
My ex-wife now has a neck tattoo.  :hmm:

You should've given her a neck tattoo before.  One that looked look like two hands around it.

Syt

I'm rather annoyed with a magazine I bought. Spektrum der Wissenschaft is basically the German version of Scientific American. Besides their usual magazine they have a quarterly publication "epoc" which is about archeology and history.

Only this time they added a 52 page extra bit in the middle of the magazine about the NordStream pipeline that's being built between Wyborg and Germany (sponsored by Gazprom, e.on etc.). The whole section is sponsored by NordStream. The articles are propaganda, veiled thinly by science articles and were written in "collaboration with Scientific American, Bild der Wissenschaft and NordStream".

What this has to do with history or archeology is anyone's guess. :mad:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Syt on December 23, 2011, 01:54:05 AM
More like this then:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03iwAY4KlIU&feature=related

A friend of mine from central South Carolina sounds like this. Although I made fun of him ceaselessly I never had a problem understanding him.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Cerr

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on December 25, 2011, 08:26:36 AM

....I like it...I'll have to try that one with an attractive christian .
██████
██████
██████

HisMajestyBOB

The Machine Stops

Could have been written in 2009 instead of 1909.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

CountDeMoney

QuoteAbout one-fourth of Medicare's nearly $500 billion annual budget is spent on patients in the last six months of life, according to the Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 26, 2011, 08:43:16 AM
QuoteAbout one-fourth of Medicare's nearly $500 billion annual budget is spent on patients in the last six months of life, according to the Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice.

Let's do it.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017