News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on November 15, 2011, 07:36:56 PM
....sometimes real life is stranger than a spoof.
He came in Dukes of Hazard....
I'm surprised you could understand anything he was saying, given how thick his hillbilly accent is. :lol:

Also, I doubt you would get some of the cultural references either, like the "Dale Jr." reference.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Well it didn't help that the two of the words in the sentence I didn't understand.  "Tache" and "Movember".  I understood the rest of the words but the part after the word "Movember" sorta had me puzzled.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Also something that I wonder about.  When they eventually cure breast cancer what happens to breast cancer awareness month?  Does it become simply breast awareness month?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

I hope some fucking hipsters don't think my proto-beard is in support of their stupid shit. I'm just lazy.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 16, 2011, 08:53:17 PM
I find the return of the tache a horrible event.  And now it's movember fashion-forward pricks are camoflaged against the merely charitable <_<

I cultivated a Little Richard mustache for a while.  :ph34r:  Grooming it was fun but I had to lose it because I couldn't stop rubbing the ends of it into my face while I was reading.   :glare:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 16, 2011, 09:15:03 PM
I cultivated a Little Richard mustache for a while.  :ph34r:  Grooming it was fun but I had to lose it because I couldn't stop rubbing the ends of it into my face while I was reading.   :glare:
Sorry but a white guy's not cultivating a  Little Richard tache: it's a John Waters (and there' s nothing wrong with that) :P

I went through a bearded phase.  I was hoping for a sort-of rugged, docker look.  It attracted the wrong sort of attention in gay London :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 16, 2011, 09:26:30 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 16, 2011, 09:15:03 PM
Sorry but a white guy's not cultivating a  Little Richard tache: it's a John Waters (and there' s nothing wrong with that) :P

John Waters paints it on!  And I'm a Little Richard diehard!  :weep:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Capetan Mihali

Though I love them both deeply.  Best L.R. anecdote from his sleazy 80s bio:  when he was touring Australia in '59, overcome with the need to serve Jesus, he threw his expensive pinky ring into the water leaving Sydney on the ferry to prove his dedication to his bandmates.   :sleep:  Of course, he got thrown out of a few Bible colleges for, well, we all know.

Capetan Mihali

To quote from the bio since it's too good:

Little Richard: "Buddy [Holly] liked Angel.... One time we were playing at the Paramount Theater and Buddy came into my dressing room while I was jacking off with Angel sucking my titty.  Angel had the fastest tongue in the West.  Well, she was doing that to me and Buddy took out his thing.  He was ready, so she opened up her legs and he put it in her.  He was having sex with Angel, I was jacking off, and Angel was sucking me, when they introduced his name on stage!  He was trying to rush so he could run on stage.  He made it, too.  He finished and went to the stage still fastening himself up.  I'll never forget that.  He came and he went!"

Ed Anger

That was why god made his plane crash.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 16, 2011, 09:13:13 PM
I hope some fucking hipsters don't think my proto-beard is in support of their stupid shit. I'm just lazy.

Sometimes I go like that.  When I grow a full beard, people thought I was Rabbi.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 16, 2011, 09:40:16 PM
To quote from the bio since it's too good:

Little Richard: "He was having sex with Angel, I was jacking off, and Angel was sucking me, when they introduced his name on stage!  He was trying to rush so he could run on stage.  He made it, too.  He finished and went to the stage still fastening himself up.  I'll never forget that.  He came and he went!"
That's professionalism :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

This story would have more impact if I had any idea who angel was.

Random groupie? Background singer?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 17, 2011, 12:10:39 AM
This story would have more impact if I had any idea who angel was.

Random groupie? Background singer?

From Little Richard's wiki page:

QuoteWhile on the road in the mid-50s, Penniman (Little Richard's real surname) would have notorious parties, replete with orgies, in hotel rooms wherever they appeared. In late 1956, he met a voluptuous high school graduate in Savannah, Georgia, by the name of Lee Angel (née Audrey Robinson). She became his girlfriend and started traveling on the road with him. Penniman would invite attractive men to his parties and would enjoy watching them having sex with his girlfriend.

Tamas

You guys scream "languish is dying!" when there is a lull in the flow paradoxian balkantard immigrants, but you walk straight past two Signs of the End of Times:
-CdM saying "yay!"
-Marty ignoring a "pedophiles are like gay people" thread