News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Apparently the Scottish Tories elected a lesbian Glaswegian their leader.  No-one noticed :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

MadImmortalMan

The goal is to get to where it's not considered distinctive or whatever, so.....good!
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Sheilbh

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 14, 2011, 04:47:42 PM
The goal is to get to where it's not considered distinctive or whatever, so.....good!
I think it's more shocking that there are Glaswegian Tories to be honest.  I had no idea...
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 14, 2011, 08:02:31 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 14, 2011, 01:52:02 AM
Man, I am just not breaking the ~180,000 barrier in Pacman.  Once the power pellets become completely inert it's a whole different, much harder game.

Hanging out at the landromat playing the ratty old machine they have in the corner that is covered in 30 years of phlegm, cum and spilled soda?

Nope, it's readily available online.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on November 14, 2011, 06:48:06 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 14, 2011, 08:02:31 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 14, 2011, 01:52:02 AM
Man, I am just not breaking the ~180,000 barrier in Pacman.  Once the power pellets become completely inert it's a whole different, much harder game.

Hanging out at the landromat playing the ratty old machine they have in the corner that is covered in 30 years of phlegm, cum and spilled soda?

Nope, it's readily available online.

Ahhhh, emulators. I remember spending the late 90's playing the shit out of everything. Hunting arcade Rom's on the skechy part of the interweb and playing Blazing lazers on a hacked TG-16 emulator.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

This is just a javascript game (as near as I can tell it's pretty accurate, though), but I did that with MAME--Captain America and the Avengers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Simpsons arcade game, Final Fight--stuff they never faithfully ported, or never ported at all.

When I was a kid arcades still existed, though.  I was pretty good at Street Fighter--at least then, and in comparison to the local talent; nowadays, I'm thoroughly overwhelmed by the cadre of experts you can expect to face on XBox Live.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I want to take my kids to genuine arcade but the nearest one is in Cincy and by the time they are old enough, the only ones left will the those sucky arcades in a mall.  :yuk:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 14, 2011, 07:02:25 PM
I want to take my kids to genuine arcade but the nearest one ins in Cincy and by the time they are old enough, the only ones left will the those sucky arcades in a mall.  :yuk:

Fly them all to Japan, Scrooge McDuck.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 14, 2011, 07:04:05 PM
I want to take my kids to genuine arcade but the nearest one ins in Cincy and by the time they are old enough, the only ones left will the those sucky arcades in a mall.  :yuk:

Fly them all to Japan, Scrooge McDuck.

Japan sucks.

Caliga

Arcades are for old people, Methuselah.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on November 14, 2011, 07:26:56 PM
Arcades are for old people, Methuselah.

In Amsterdam, they're for old, stoned people.

Caliga

Cool, so like Cheech and Chong? :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I pity you young people sometimes.

Razgovory

I want to take my kids to genuine arcade but the nearest one is in Cincy and by the time they are old enough, the only ones left will the those sucky arcades in a mall.  :yuk:

Hell, in Jeff City we don't even have the mall ones anymore.  The last one went out of business a year ago.  You just can't find a coin-op machine anymore.  There might still be one down at the Lake.  I remember they had a place that had all the old classic games, but I don't know if they are still in business.  Of course everything by the Lake is shitty.  Not only is it shitty, but they seem to revel in the shittyness.  It's like some kind of hillbilly chic.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017