And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on September 28, 2011, 02:53:23 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 28, 2011, 01:27:55 PM
Comcast called me today.  The representative asked to talk to the "account holder with Comcast".  She informed me that I need to make a back payment of $879.99 to avoid service interruption.  I did not make that payment.  I'm now starting to wonder whether it really was Comcast calling me.  :hmm:

WTF for?
Two separate issues.  One is that I didn't realize that automatic bill pay doesn't transfer over when you move.  Therefore, I'm 2 months behind on that.  The more infuriating issue is that I was told by the technician setting up the cable that he didn't need my old cable box back, since it was too old.  Apparently, he was wrong, and he was not authorized to say that, because Comcast charged me for it.

I'm now trying to track down my old apartment building management, to see what they've done with it.  If they threw it out, I'm screwed.  Those cable boxes must be made out of gold.

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on September 28, 2011, 03:01:15 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 28, 2011, 02:53:23 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 28, 2011, 01:27:55 PM
Comcast called me today.  The representative asked to talk to the "account holder with Comcast".  She informed me that I need to make a back payment of $879.99 to avoid service interruption.  I did not make that payment.  I'm now starting to wonder whether it really was Comcast calling me.  :hmm:

WTF for?
Two separate issues.  One is that I didn't realize that automatic bill pay doesn't transfer over when you move.  Therefore, I'm 2 months behind on that.  The more infuriating issue is that I was told by the technician setting up the cable that he didn't need my old cable box back, since it was too old.  Apparently, he was wrong, and he was not authorized to say that, because Comcast charged me for it.

I'm now trying to track down my old apartment building management, to see what they've done with it.  If they threw it out, I'm screwed.  Those cable boxes must be made out of gold.

It would really square the circle if that technician was the father of the chick whose car ran into you.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Lettow77

Languish- this doesn't quite merit a thread, but I am going to write a speech about maladies that can improve a young woman, refining her from the vulgar sensibilities of the modern era to something more in line with classical beauty.

So far I have blindness, to fight vanity, build a wall of separation from the impure women of society, and encourage her to be a homebound lady,
and anemia to prevent her from unfeminine levels of exertion, a becoming pallor, and a certain languid poise.

What is the best third candidate, though? We want something adorable.  TB and narcolepsy are not ideal, but in the absence of a superior candidate I may have to choose one to go forward.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Barrister

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 28, 2011, 04:23:36 PM
Languish- this doesn't quite merit a thread, but I am going to write a speech about maladies that can improve a young woman, refining her from the vulgar sensibilities of the modern era to something more in line with classical beauty.

So far I have blindness, to fight vanity, build a wall of separation from the impure women of society, and encourage her to be a homebound lady,
and anemia to prevent her from unfeminine levels of exertion, a becoming pallor, and a certain languid poise.

What is the best third candidate, though? We want something adorable.  TB and narcolepsy are not ideal, but in the absence of a superior candidate I may have to choose one to go forward.

The ladies must consider you to be a real catch...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on September 28, 2011, 04:26:07 PM
The ladies must consider you to be a real catch...

They are too blind and anemic to catch him.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grinning_Colossus

Dependent personality disorder sounds up your alley.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on September 28, 2011, 04:15:50 PM
It would really square the circle if that technician was the father of the chick whose car ran into you.  ;)
If that was the father of the chick, then he probably wasn't really the father of the chick.  He was of a different social construct.

Lettow77

I see where you are coming from, but the lady should know her self worth. A sort of confidence I would call motherly seems best- a caretaker free of issues of her own. That she face her disabilities with dignity that defies the frailties of the body is a glorious thing.

We want blemishes of her form, not of her inner being. Mental disorders are a no-no.

Malthus

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 28, 2011, 04:38:58 PM
We want blemishes of her form, not of her inner being. Mental disorders are a no-no.

That pretty well rules out any interest in you, though.  ;)

Lettow77

Ha! So kind, but no. I am a dashing gallant who fairly brims with elan, except when I am a brooding intellectual who ponders the issues of our day.

More to the point, though, I look attractive enough and I will make plenty of money. For obtaining the impure women of the defiled world, that is the primary consideration.

I have all the time in the world, so I imagine i'll be extremely selective. Not so selective as to demand she be blind, necessarily- due to the many cures that have become prevalent, it is exceedingly difficult. Many of the more comely types of blindness are practically nonexistent in the developed world due to advances in modern medicine.

Eddie Teach

Lettow was born too early, in another century or so he could have a realistic sexbot programmed to his exact specifications.  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 28, 2011, 04:51:30 PM
Lettow was born too early, in another century or so he could have a realistic sexbot programmed to his exact specifications.  :(

Or he could just move to Japan, and have one in the next few decades.  ;)

Though even sexbot manufacturers presumably will have standards - blind, anemic sexbots? Ewwww.  :lol:

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Lettow77

Speaking of disabilities, four winks in a row?

Are you quite alright, Malthus?

Re: the ideal woman
consider perhaps the case of Emily Grierson
Although it'd be easy to come up with a long list of models who more than meet the required elements to be a yamato nadeshiko

It is just that such specimens are vanishingly rare in this society, and all the more so once you escape metropolitan areas.

Ideologue

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 28, 2011, 04:23:36 PM

Fuck, narcolepsy sounds great for the kind of relationship you seem to want.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)