News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnchorClanker

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 27, 2011, 03:50:12 PM
Andy Rooney's last 60 Minutes show will be this Sunday.

Strange the things that come up in the news feed on my trading platform.

I remember wondering years ago who would take over for him (it was going to be Molly Ivins, before she passed away)
Who's going to take over, or are they going to retire that part of the show?
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Neil

Quote from: Tyr on September 26, 2011, 01:23:08 AM
Sometimes you just want to punch a friend in the face:

QuoteFACEBOOK JUST RELEASED THEIR PRICE GRID FOR MEMBERSHIP. £9.99 PER MONTH FOR GOLD MEMBER SERVICES, £6.99 PER MONTH FOR SILVER MEMBER SERVICES, £3.99 PER MONTH FOR BRONZE MEMBER SERVICES, FREE IF YOU COPY AND PASTE THIS MESSAGE BEFORE MIDNIGHT TONIGHT. WHEN YOU SIGN ON TOMORROW MORNING YOU WILL BE PROMPTED FOR PAYMENT INFO...IT IS OFFICIAL IT WAS EVEN ON THE NEWS. FACEBOOK WILL START CHARGING DUE TO THE N
One of my wife's relatives forwarded me (and the rest of the family) an email encouraging us to participate in some sort of scam regarding free laptops.  My reply-to-all was lengthly and informative.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

AnchorClanker

QuoteDESIRED SKILLS:
Experience training/working in a warzone is highly desired. Ability to effectively communicate orally, in writing and interpersonally; analyze and convey technical and non-technical issues; organize and plan; exercise good judgment. Ability to apply leadership skills; advocate new ideas, lead others, and delegate responsibility is highly desired. Ability to interact and communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds and training foreign nationals is also desired.

:lol:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Razgovory

Can't find my damn glasses.  I'm pretty much blind without them anymore.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: AnchorClanker on September 27, 2011, 08:07:29 PM
QuoteDESIRED SKILLS:
Experience training/working in a warzone is highly desired. Ability to effectively communicate orally, in writing and interpersonally; analyze and convey technical and non-technical issues; organize and plan; exercise good judgment. Ability to apply leadership skills; advocate new ideas, lead others, and delegate responsibility is highly desired. Ability to interact and communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds and training foreign nationals is also desired.

:lol:

Detroit looking for a new police chief? :huh:

AnchorClanker

MadImmortalMan

Boeing already has orders for eight hundred 787 Dreamliners. Damn.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 27, 2011, 09:13:23 PM
Boeing already has orders for eight hundred 787 Dreamliners. Damn.
Damn?
██████
██████
██████

Zoupa

It's an amerikkkan expression, meaning wow.  :smarty:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Lettow77

America should encourage class S relationships to help teenage women maintain abstinence.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Josquius

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 28, 2011, 12:29:17 AM
America should encourage class S relationships to help teenage women maintain abstinence.

....what?
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Lettow's in love with his Mercedes. :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Why did I have to look this up...

QuoteClass S (クラスS Kurasu Esu?), or "S kankei", abbreviated either as S or Esu (エス?), is an early twentieth century Japanese wasei-eigo term specifically used to refer to strong emotional bonds between schoolgirls, and a genre of girl's fiction (少女小説 shōjo shōsetsu?) which tells stories about the same, particularly a mutual crush between an upperclassman and an underclassman.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".