And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on September 25, 2011, 10:22:20 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 25, 2011, 10:09:54 AM
Heard on NPR that there's another government shut down battle looming (not a default battle).  GOP wants $1 billion in FEMA emergency spending offset by cuts elsewhere.

Perhaps they can find the savings in their own districts.  I'm sure they can find a billion dollars in federal projects in their own back yard.  Gives the added benefit of getting government out of their constituents hair.  Everyone wins.

Here's an even easier solution:  deny it to all those GOP-led southern states that get ripped by tornados and hurricanes but bitch about the Fed spending too much. 
All their politicians hate federal interference, unless they need it.  Obviously, they don't really want it.

Jindal can go out in traffic with a coffee mug and a sign next time a hurricane floats his state out into the Gulf.

Josquius

I was going past the chemist and needed to pop in to get some bleach with which to purge my sink.
Whilst there I decided to pick up a bottle of pop.
The look the woman at the till gave me...she must have thought I was about to commit suicide.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: Tyr on September 26, 2011, 07:05:01 AM
I was going past the chemist and needed to pop in to get some bleach with which to purge my sink.
The look the woman at the till gave me...she must have thought I was about to commit suicide.

Says more about her than it does you, man.  I can't think of a stupider way to commit suicide.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

She's probably just xenophobic.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

The best dirty look I ever got at a checkout line was when my friend was asked by her two housemates to pick stuff up from them from the store, as we were going out near there to pick up some booze anyway.

We got the booze first and then went to the store - One friend wanted a large, raw turkey; the other, a box of extra-large condoms.

The woman at the checkout line saw our bag full o booze, our raw turkey, and our box of extra-large condoms, gave us a look, and said "planning a full evening"?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

sbr

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

I think it starts to obviously fail when it gets to $5 bill.  The real one is not anywhere near as pink as depicted.

Grey Fox

I don't see what's the big deal about having money that isn't just green. Do you really care about the fashion sense of money? Really?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 27, 2011, 12:21:39 PM
I don't see what's the big deal about having money that isn't just green. Do you really care about the fashion sense of money? Really?

We've been watching countries with colorful money inflate like retards for years. Brazil, Argentina etc. Non-green money has somehow cemented an association with worthlessness in my mind.  :P

Grey Fox

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 27, 2011, 12:30:48 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 27, 2011, 12:21:39 PM

We've been watching countries with colorful money inflate like retards for years. Brazil, Argentina etc. Non-green money has somehow cemented an association with worthlessness in my mind.  :P

*cough* http://www.x-rates.com/d/CAD/USD/graph120.html

:P
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on September 27, 2011, 11:39:36 AM
I think it starts to obviously fail when it gets to $5 bill.  The real one is not anywhere near as pink as depicted.

Yep - more like a purplish wine stain.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Your graph would be funnier if it didn't show the Canadian dollar dipping below par in the last few days.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

MadImmortalMan

Andy Rooney's last 60 Minutes show will be this Sunday.

Strange the things that come up in the news feed on my trading platform.