News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I wish Firefox would stop coming out with a new version every two months or so.  It's annoying.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

Quote from: Razgovory on August 31, 2011, 08:02:22 PM
I wish Firefox would stop coming out with a new version every two months or so.  It's annoying.

One of my addons is compatible with Firefox 9.0, so expect at least 3 more soon. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Neil

Indeed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

I've liked each upgrade progressively less as well. <_<

I've been thinking of switching browsers.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

After I installed my SSD and installed the OS on it, I just stuck with IE and it's been fine.  Running IE 9.0.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on August 31, 2011, 10:55:50 AM
War of 1812: The Movie (Trailer)
http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6583679/the-war-of-1812-the-movie
:lol:
Really should be better known. I blame Canada. You just know if the US had won they'd be rubbing it in everyone's face.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Holy shit, I actually got a call back from a prospective employer for a real job.

So, uh, I have to go to D.C. on September 6th (yeah, thanks for the warning, that was well in advance) for testing... that doesn't sound exactly like "interview," does it?  I mean, we're talking about a trip that will cost around $100-200, and take sixteen to twenty hours even if all I do is turn the fuck around and go home when I'm done.  I don't know if I want to do that if it means I'm still competing against like fifty people, you know?  Also, and I probably should have asked, what the fuck kind of testing, but I was so surprised I forgot to ask, especially since the guy sounded like a putative creditor.*

*My good faith disputes are none of your business.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on September 01, 2011, 10:57:59 AM
Holy shit, I actually got a call back from a prospective employer for a real job.

So, uh, I have to go to D.C. on September 6th (yeah, thanks for the warning, that was well in advance) for testing... that doesn't sound exactly like "interview," does it?  I mean, we're talking about a trip that will cost around $100-200, and take sixteen to twenty hours even if all I do is turn the fuck around and go home when I'm done.  I don't know if I want to do that if it means I'm still competing against like fifty people, you know?

Assuming it's a job you're at all interested in taking, why are you not booking a ticket to DC RIGHT NOW???
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on September 01, 2011, 10:59:49 AM

So, uh, I have to go to D.C. on September 6th (yeah, thanks for the warning, that was well in advance) for testing... that doesn't sound exactly like "interview," does it?  I mean, we're talking about a trip that will cost around $100-200, and take sixteen to twenty hours even if all I do is turn the fuck around and go home when I'm done.  I don't know if I want to do that if it means I'm still competing against like fifty people, you know?

Assuming it's a job you're at all interested in taking, why are you not booking a ticket to DC RIGHT NOW???

OK, Van Halen.  Calm down.

First, I don't think I should fly to D.C.--I mean, it's far away, but not, like, Seattle--but it's worth looking into.

Second, it's just I'd like to know what the odds are before I gamble, that's all.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Looking into it, I'm pretty sure flying would be dumb.  It would cost more, wind up taking longer than controlling my own mobility, and necessitate I get a hotel.  Also, hell, I'd have to drive to an airport anyway, and then get someone to keep my car for a day, or pay to park it there.
Kinemalogue

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on September 01, 2011, 11:13:03 AM

OK, Van Halen.

I don't think I should fly to D.C.--I mean, it's far away, but not, like, Seattle--but it's worth looking into.

It's just I'd like to know what the odds are before I gamble, that's all.

For some reason I didn't think you had a car.

"ticket" could also include train or bus, which was actually how I envisioned you going there.

But my point stands - if you want the job, you should go.  At worst it gives you experience in doing "testing" and interviewing which will help further down the road.  At best - well it gets you a job.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on September 01, 2011, 11:22:18 AM

OK, Van Halen.

I don't think I should fly to D.C.--I mean, it's far away, but not, like, Seattle--but it's worth looking into.

Low blow.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on September 01, 2011, 11:25:01 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 01, 2011, 11:22:18 AM

OK, Van Halen.

Low blow.
:XD:

Ideologue

I assume it's because I mentioned letting Korea have one of our cars, and forgetting that I kept the other.
Kinemalogue