Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 29, 2011, 06:45:55 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 29, 2011, 06:44:14 PM
So we good?

I believe we are.  I will probably see her Thursday at the eatery to confirm reciept of info.

Whatever he's paying I'll pay double.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 29, 2011, 08:21:21 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 29, 2011, 07:47:15 PM
Beware the ajumas.

Ajimas?
I've only seen it spelled with a u before, but you're the expert. Doesn't sound like an i to me though.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Google Translate says it means "sozzled."  I had to look that up too, which means "extremely drunk."

So I guess Tim's point is don't get really drunk and take off your pants as you are wont to do.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Zoupa

Quote from: Ideologue on August 29, 2011, 09:54:21 PM
Google Translate says it means "sozzled."  I had to look that up too, which means "extremely drunk."

So I guess Tim's point is don't get really drunk and take off your pants as you are wont to do.

Ide, I think we've both established our preference for yellow wimin. Furthermore, seems to me like we've been more than decent towards Timmmmmmmayyyyyy over the years. Cdm, also a sufferer of yellow fever, treats tim like shit. Jacob is now married and so out of the game.

That leaves you and I. And guess where lil timmy sends the honeys?

To Yi. Yi.

I despair.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

I think Yi prefers white girls.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 29, 2011, 10:09:37 PM
I think Yi prefers white girls.

Plus Tim isn't sending me shit.

Zoupa

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zoupa on August 29, 2011, 10:07:44 PM

Ide, I think we've both established our preference for yellow wimin. Furthermore, seems to me like we've been more than decent towards Timmmmmmmayyyyyy over the years. Cdm, also a sufferer of yellow fever, treats tim like shit. Jacob is now married and so out of the game.

To Yi. Yi.

I despair.
You've got it backwards, Yi's sending them to me.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It's an old Korean woman.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Damn, it is ajuma, if that hangul is right.  Ajima must be another North Korean pronounciation I picked up from my mom.

BTW, doesn't mean old women.  More like middle aged.

Tamas

Yi, you do know I have a worthy profession and career unlike our latino friend Tim here, right? :contract:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tamas on August 30, 2011, 02:14:08 AM
Yi, you do know I have a worthy profession and career unlike our latino friend Tim here, right? :contract:

:hmm:

OK, you're next.

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 29, 2011, 11:02:40 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on August 29, 2011, 10:07:44 PM

To Yi. Yi.

I despair.
You've got it backwards, Yi's sending them to me.

The Republican Party: glorified dating service.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)