And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 04, 2011, 06:53:54 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 04, 2011, 06:15:54 PM
Shouldn't you be calling her your "partner" or something by this point?

In French I call her "conjointe", Partner makes sound like I'm gay or something. I will continue to call her my girlfriend in english. Unless someone comes up with a term I like.

"Conjointe" is seldom used in France though it is found in the Académie Française dictionary. :smarty:
"Conjoint" for both sexes is somewhat common in bureaucratic lingo.   :nerd:

Josquius

Conjoint...lol. Can't get rid of the image of siamese twins.

I like sambo. Should be adapted into English.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Whatever you want to call your girlfriend, congrats on the baby, GF. :hug:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on June 05, 2011, 07:30:47 AM
I like sambo. Should be adapted into English.

No thanks.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

You American darkies and your weird hangups.  Try growing up.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on June 05, 2011, 09:21:44 AM

You're right. It would be less weird if we would just forget about the past and embrace Swedish words for cohabitation. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

It'd be less weird if you weren't always trying to play the victim.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on June 05, 2011, 09:43:24 AM

I don't think I typically play the victim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2011, 10:09:16 AM
Sure you do.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2011, 09:30:11 AM

You're right. It would be less weird if we would just forget about the past and embrace Swedish words for cohabitation. :huh:
It makes sense in English too. Sambo- same abode.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Neil on June 05, 2011, 10:19:43 AM
Sure you do.

How so?

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on June 05, 2011, 10:24:43 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2011, 09:30:11 AM

It makes sense in English too. Sambo- same abode.

:rolleyes:

Neil

Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2011, 10:32:41 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 05, 2011, 10:19:43 AM
Sure you do.
How so?
You act like things are unacceptable because of the connotations they have for you vis-a-vis the whole black thing.

Also, you use Martinus as a stalking horse for gayness.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2011, 08:36:25 AM

ZOMG! A black man(with Will Smith's ears) eating a watermelon!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Neil on June 05, 2011, 10:40:59 AM
You act like things are unacceptable because of the connotations they have for you vis-a-vis the whole black thing as an American.

Fixed that for you.

Quote from: Neil on June 05, 2011, 10:40:59 AMAlso, you use Martinus as a stalking horse for gayness.

:lol:

Nah. I'm more than willing to spend my time in cosmopolitan cities. I don't really care what Joe Public thinks or how he acts.