And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 14, 2011, 08:29:03 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 14, 2011, 08:26:13 PM
ummm Ide, if you don't like cold let me tell you something about Vermont:  when Princesca and I used to live in Mass. we went to Vermont 3 or 4 times for vacations.  One time we took a long Labor Day weekend and went up to Burlington.  It fucking snowed the night of August 31st.

We have a job opening for the Boston region;  if I had the stones, and didn't have family here, I'd transfer the fuck up there and live over the border in Vermont in a motherfucking heartbeat.

Think of all the Timmay's in their Pats gear running around. Burrrrrrrrrr.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on April 14, 2011, 08:30:09 PM
We have a job opening for the Boston region;  if I had the stones, and didn't have family here, I'd transfer the fuck up there and live over the border in Vermont in a motherfucking heartbeat.
Where exactly is the job?  You can't do a daily commute from Vermont to a job in Boston.

It's for the NE region;  not exactly stuck in one place, but a lot of hoofing in Beantown.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 14, 2011, 08:31:38 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 14, 2011, 08:26:13 PM
ummm Ide, if you don't like cold let me tell you something about Vermont:  when Princesca and I used to live in Mass. we went to Vermont 3 or 4 times for vacations.  One time we took a long Labor Day weekend and went up to Burlington.  It fucking snowed the night of August 31st.

Think of all the Timmay's in their Pats gear running around. Burrrrrrrrrr.

Yeah, that was the dealbreaker.  I'd rather suffer NY fans than the Boston scene.  Ick.

Caliga

Ok.  I mean if there was a lot of work in western Mass. it could work.  I think it's like an hour from Springfield up 91 to Vermont.

You'd be better off in New Hampshire.  No taxes and GIVE ME MAH GUNS kinda place.  Anyway, southern New Hampshire to Boston is a long, but doable commute.  I used to have a secretary who commuted from Dracut, Mass. to Boston daily.  Dracut is right on the border with New Hampshire.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 14, 2011, 08:32:27 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 14, 2011, 08:30:09 PM
Where exactly is the job?  You can't do a daily commute from Vermont to a job in Boston.

It's for the NE region;  not exactly stuck in one place, but a lot of hoofing in Beantown.

Only place worse would be Shitsburgh.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on April 14, 2011, 08:35:10 PM
Ok.  I mean if there was a lot of work in western Mass. it could work.  I think it's like an hour from Springfield up 91 to Vermont.

You'd be better off in New Hampshire.  No taxes and GIVE ME MAH GUNS kinda place.  Anyway, southern New Hampshire to Boston is a long, but doable commute.  I used to have a secretary who commuted from Dracut, Mass. to Boston daily.  Dracut is right on the border with New Hampshire.

This is true. Nashua is a lovely town.

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 14, 2011, 08:24:46 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 14, 2011, 07:32:37 PM
Hm, he does sound pretty cool, although I can't identify with all his policies (anti-war and anti-genetic engineering).  Perhaps I should move to Vermont; I could offer her people the prospect of eternal life, glorious victory over evil foreigners, and economic liberty, in one convenient package.

It really shows how spotty I am with politics that I'd never heard of the guy, though. :blush:

Plus you could hang out at the Ben and Jerry's plant and eat a Vermonster.

YES.

Quote from: CalThe plant isn't that great... for one thing it's a lot smaller than you would think.  For another, they don't have that much stuff you can't get at a Ben and Jerry's store or many supermarkets, and everything at the plant is overpriced in order to rip off all the tourists.

Killjoy.

Quoteummm Ide, if you don't like cold let me tell you something about Vermont:  when Princesca and I used to live in Mass. we went to Vermont 3 or 4 times for vacations.  One time we took a long Labor Day weekend and went up to Burlington.  It fucking snowed the night of August 31st.

This is a more pressing concern. : /
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 14, 2011, 08:40:52 PM
Only place worse would be Shitsburgh.

I don't see anything wrong with Boston, Pittsburgh or London, for that matter, that Ohio doesn't have a lock on.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on April 14, 2011, 06:05:05 PM
Quote from: jameswwcongratulations.  :cool:

:smoke:

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2011, 06:01:37 PM
Let me guess - other side didn't show. :P

That's how I won my first case. :yeah:

The solicitor showed.  The alleged victim, the chief witness, and the investigating officer?  Not as much. :hmm:

Solicitor's a cool guy, though.

Easy wins are the best wins.  And I don't just say so because I'm lazy and nervous in front of people.  Given that there's a real dude there whose life and/or liberty is at stake, I don't hold much truck with the idea that it's jousting as fun. :)

Absolutely.  A trial is too much risk when Real Shit(tm) is at stake.

That's why just about any plea bargain is preferable to a trial in my eyes.  Never know what can go wrong at a trial.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Ideologue on April 14, 2011, 09:15:08 PM
Killjoy.
You might be thinking "Ben and Jerry are OSSUM because they're giant hippies like me".  I know a lot of people in Boston think that.  However, if that's your thinking I must inform you of two things:

* Ben and Jerry's is now a subsidiary of the Dutch multinational Unilever.

* For all of their "omg we're in it for our peeps and to make the world a better place" bullshit, Ben and Jerry took enormous buyouts from Unilever.

:)

Ideologue

I just want giant tubs of ice cream.  Not everything is political.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

Josquius

Fecking China

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/04/14/china.animal.keyring/index.html?hpt=C2

Quote(CNN) -- Small fish, turtles and other amphibians are being sold in Beijing as mobile phone trinkets and key rings, to the chagrin of animal rights groups.

Kept in bags filled with colored, oxygenated water the animals cost around $1.50 each.

One vendor selling the animals outside of a Beijing subway station told CNN that the bag contained crystallized oxygen and nutrients.

She said that that the animals could live for days but also warned that they should be freed from the bag as soon as the air ran out or they would suffocate.

Among the animals being sold are young Chinese soft-shell turtles - the adult turtles are a popular dish in Chinese cooking.

The live trinkets have been condemned by animal rights groups who have highlighted the lack of animal protection laws in China.

"Lack of food and diminishing oxygen concentrations within both the water and the small amount of air in these plastic pouches will cause the animals to die in a relatively short period of time after the pouches are sealed," said David Neale, animal welfare director of Animals Asia.

"If a national animal protection law was enacted in China, such acts of cruelty could be prevented, and those who persist in causing harm and suffering to animals within their care could be prosecuted."

Neale also warned that keeping a turtle in a bag and then as a pet could have health implications for people.

"Individuals should also be aware of the potential human health risks associated with being in close contact with animals such as turtles. Turtles frequently carry salmonella bacteria that can cause serious illness," he said.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Ben & Jerry's is overpriced.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?