News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Liep on March 28, 2011, 08:21:34 AM
Had my 2nd time driving today, my driving teacher is sort of hard to understand with all his hand gestures meaning something different but looking alike.

But all in all a success as I didn't break anything!
I think you've got to assume that, if lots of 90 year old grandmas are capable of still driving, it can't be that difficult of a skill to master.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

An important lesson learned from today was that I should stay well clear of anyone wearing caps in their cars, old people and other instructor cars. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

Quote from: jamesww on March 28, 2011, 09:53:29 AM
I never had an instructor, just drove my mates around until I took the tests.

You can't do that here. Without a license, you can only be driving a card (anywhere) with an instructor in a training car. Whats that? With a second set of pedals installed to the front right seat for the instructor to stop/accelerate the car when needed.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

I've decided that I will forever hate Elwood Edwards.
Experience bij!

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 28, 2011, 11:59:14 AM
Accelerate too? Woha.

full set of pedals IIRC. Funniest when they want to teach something to a noob before they continue after a stop (like at a crossroad or such) and they step on the clutch. The very first time it took me quite a few seconds to realize why I am touring the engine without going anywhere.  :D

Grinning_Colossus

My driving instructor when I was 16 was an old black guy -- think Morgan Freeman with extra gravitas -- who was highly critical of my driving skills and intimidated the hell out of me. Didn't get my license till I was 21.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on March 29, 2011, 04:27:51 AM
Morgan Freeman with extra gravitas

I don't think that's possible.  The universe doesn't work that way.

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on March 28, 2011, 10:16:05 AM
Quote from: Liep on March 28, 2011, 08:21:34 AM
Had my 2nd time driving today, my driving teacher is sort of hard to understand with all his hand gestures meaning something different but looking alike.

But all in all a success as I didn't break anything!

Gesturing is not a good trait in a driving instructor. Aren't you meant to be keeping your eyes on the road? :p

Same old instructor guy, when he was driving in the city to buy that tool, blitzed through a stop sign like there was no tomorrow (since the crossroad was well visible and nobody was near), then look at me with a bit of a scared face: "you can never do this!"

sbr

I never had driver's ed, I didn't need it and we were always on vacation the entire summer so I wouldn't have had a chance if I wanted to take it.

garbon

Perez Hilton is writing a children's book. :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HisMajestyBOB

Better than Paris Hilton, I guess.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

garbon

Not really. I'd rather my child end up like Paris than Perez.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Slargos

Quote from: garbon on March 29, 2011, 02:42:16 PM

:)

I'm so glad that not all fags are martistrionics.  :hug:

garbon

Quote from: Slargos on March 29, 2011, 03:50:59 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 29, 2011, 02:42:16 PM

:)

I'm so glad that not all fags are martistrionics.  :hug:

I don't see how any self-respecting gay could support Perez.