Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 12, 2011, 03:24:03 PM
The boat in Gilligan's Island was named after the FCC commissioner who gave the famous "Vast Wasteland" speech.
Maybe, but the spelling is different.  Newton Minow vs. Minnow.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

There's a chunk of turd on the side of my toilet bowl above the waterline from when I had a Breakfast-All-Day blowout after hitting Perkin's.

I'm leaving it there for the housekeeper, just to remind her of her station in life.

Neil

Quote from: Tyr on March 12, 2011, 07:05:34 PM
Why is there no supernatural this week? I can't think of any American holidays in March :hmm:
TV takes a break after February sweeps.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

I miss Perkins.  We used to have one (right by my office, in fact), but then it burned down after some dumb hillbilly threw a lit cigarette into the mulch.  It was a vacant lot for years and has now been replaced with an IHOP. :(

The fire was OSSUM to watch though. :menace:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on March 13, 2011, 10:58:05 AM
Why is there no supernatural this week? I can't think of any American holidays in March :hmm:

You are supposed to keep him in the dark. After all, American TV has been explained to him repeatedly.

Josquius

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 13, 2011, 12:08:40 PM

You are supposed to keep him in the dark. After all, American TV has been explained to him repeatedly.
:unsure:
Can't remember anyone explaining a February break before.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

For various reasons(not having to shop out material to different writers, stars wanting to do movies, simple fatigue, etc) they generally can't produce more than 25ish episodes of a decent scripted tv show in a year. But the networks have traditionally stretched that out over 9 months, so there are days when they show reruns or other programming.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on March 13, 2011, 11:27:31 AM
I miss Perkins.  We used to have one (right by my office, in fact), but then it burned down after some dumb hillbilly threw a lit cigarette into the mulch.  It was a vacant lot for years and has now been replaced with an IHOP. :(

The fire was OSSUM to watch though. :menace:

I think they are facing bankruptcy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Quote from: Tyr on March 13, 2011, 12:16:10 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 13, 2011, 12:08:40 PM

:unsure:
Can't remember anyone explaining a February break before.

The break is in March not February.

katmai

Sweeps months are Nov, Feb and May iirc.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

QuoteI am Capt Bruce F Nickerson with the remaining 50,000 troops of 1st Battalion, 4th Marine Regiment,1st Marine Division in Iraq presently.I need your help in moving a huge amount of money out of Iraq,if you are willing to helping a marine please respond to <email removed>
Semper Fi

That is a big battalion, even by marine standards.  :lol:

Admiral Yi

Looked for the Book Thread: could not find.

Currently reading "In Hanuman's Hands."  Junkie memoir, with the twist that the author is second gen dothead Indian immigrant.  With the added, added bonus that the author's pop was the first in his family to escape the duty of serving as priests in a shitty little village temple to Kali.

The author is a graduate of the Iowa Writers' Workshop, and a bud of mine from karaoke.  He comped me the book and inscribed it, so if he ever makes the big time I'm golden.

Eddie Teach

Did his grandfather light any hearts on fire?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?