And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 05, 2011, 09:56:41 PM
Ravens Cheerleader tryouts!

Don't think this makes up for your revelation in the Exile forum.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Bought a new gun today.  Sig P2022.   :)

Edit:  Oh hey back to ~1300 posts. 

Caliga

I'm gonna take my SIG 522 to the range tomorrow. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Caliga on March 05, 2011, 10:53:59 PM
I'm gonna take my SIG 522 to the range tomorrow. :cool:

I need to go get some magazines for this thing tomorrow (only came with one), then I'll probably end up working the rest of the day to get some shit finished that should have been done a long time ago.  No range time for me until next weekend, probably.  Blows.

sbr

Quote from: Liep on March 05, 2011, 08:57:07 PM
Argh! I my old avatar is back and I can't remember what my new one was. So many problems.
Last one I remember was Aaron Rogers.

Caliga

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 05, 2011, 11:00:41 PM
I need to go get some magazines for this thing tomorrow (only came with one), then I'll probably end up working the rest of the day to get some shit finished that should have been done a long time ago.  No range time for me until next weekend, probably.  Blows.
I've got two 25 round magazines loaded and ready to go.  Probably put about 200 rounds through her tomorrow.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Caliga on March 05, 2011, 11:16:47 PM
I've got two 25 round magazines loaded and ready to go.  Probably put about 200 rounds through her tomorrow.

Nice.  How is the 522 to shoot?  Smooth-like?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: sbr on March 05, 2011, 11:14:50 PM
Argh! I my old avatar is back and I can't remember what my new one was. So many problems.
I think he was sporting Colt McCoy at the end there.

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 05, 2011, 11:48:42 PM
Quote from: sbr on March 05, 2011, 11:14:50 PM
I think he was sporting Colt McCoy at the end there.
Ah yes, but now it's Oscar season! Rush is a shoo-in for supporting act.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Liep on March 06, 2011, 12:10:08 AM
Ah yes, but now it's Oscar season! Rush is a shoo-in for supporting act.

I think Christian Bale may beat him.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

I'm being a bit needlessly stressy this weekend. Turns out tomorrow I've got a phone interview for a job I never asked for. Some agency phoned me whilst I was out working with my dad saying they had a role which seemed suited for me, they said they'd send me the info and it'd be good if I'd get back to them- later that day, they phone back and wonder if I've had a chance to look over it as they've sent my CV off to them anyway.
Looking at this role its...yep. Programming. :bleeding:
So sick of agencies with their bloody programming roles. If I was good at programming I wouldn't be failing so hard to get a job.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 05, 2011, 11:36:40 PM
Nice.  How is the 522 to shoot?  Smooth-like?
I think we ended up going through close to 300 rounds this morning.  No jams.  It's very smooth... practically no recoil (but then again, this is what you'd expect from something chambered for .22LR) and you can burn though a whole magazine in about five seconds.  I was gonna try to bump fire it but was afraid I might get yelled at. :blush:

The only thing with it is you really have to whack the bottom of the magazine after you load it or you risk it dropping out of the bottom of the rifle as soon as you try to fire.  Happened to me twice this morning.

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on March 06, 2011, 10:34:20 AM
So sick of agencies with their bloody programming roles. If I was good at programming I wouldn't be failing so hard to get a job.
:huh: Agencies have those roles because those are the roles companies are willing to pay recruiters to recruit for.  There is a constant demand for programmers everywhere now.

Josquius

Quote from: Caliga on March 06, 2011, 12:47:25 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 06, 2011, 10:34:20 AM
:huh: Agencies have those roles because those are the roles companies are willing to pay recruiters to recruit for.  There is a constant demand for programmers everywhere now.
Yeah, but if I could get these roles that are advertised everywhere anyway then I would. Without them taking a slice. I don't see how they manage to lure many people. Programming skills and the ability to use the most common job sites usually go hand in hand.
██████
██████
██████