And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on April 29, 2010, 05:56:52 PM
Never trust a vegetarian.
One gave me some meatless sandwich today. I was hungry and polite so didn't check what was in it...I managed to get it down. Just...But then felt absolutely like hell later. I managed to puke most of it up but my nose got full and blocked and I just felt like death. Ruined my day did that poisoned sandwich.
But at least my friend got laid through bonding with the veggie's friend over my corpse.
When I puke I find it's a good idea to open my mouth.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 30, 2010, 12:27:53 AM
Quote from: Tyr on April 29, 2010, 05:56:52 PM
Never trust a vegetarian.
One gave me some meatless sandwich today. I was hungry and polite so didn't check what was in it...I managed to get it down. Just...But then felt absolutely like hell later. I managed to puke most of it up but my nose got full and blocked and I just felt like death. Ruined my day did that poisoned sandwich.
But at least my friend got laid through bonding with the veggie's friend over my corpse.
When I puke I find it's a good idea to open my mouth.

So you're saying this smiley is lying to me?  :x
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

Because the crazies are getting worse and I'm getting really weird ideas I'm trying drinking again to kill brain cells.  This time I'm trying something lower grade.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Savonarola

Barack helps tackle Michigan's Homeless Problem:

QuoteHomeless evictions questioned by ACLU
Tent city move coincides with Obama visit, critics note
Valerie Olander / The Detroit News
Ann Arbor --The American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan is questioning whether eviction of homeless people from a tent city along Interstate 94 was timed to coincide with President Barack Obama's visit Saturday to the University of Michigan.

Jessie Rossman, a staff attorney with the ACLU of Michigan, said Thursday it is no coincidence the camp's residents were evicted the week of the president's commencement speech. "We have no evidence, but certainly it's alarming, given the timing of Obama's visit," she said.

Michigan State Police posted "No Trespassing" signs Tuesday, notifying campers that the owner of the property, the Michigan Department of Transportation, requested enforcement. The signs warned of potential arrest and prosecution if the homeless didn't move along and take their belongings with them.

A local mission hired a moving truck and relocated the group of about 20 to a less visible area in Scio Township, Rossman said.

MDOT spokeswoman Kari Arend said the action was unrelated to Obama's visit. MDOT has been trying to evict the squatters for about a year because of the camp's proximity to the I-94 exit at Ann Arbor-Saline Road.

"They are adjacent to the loop ramp of I-94. It's not just dangerous for their members but for the motoring public," Arend said.

A letter was sent to the head of the encampment Feb. 2, asking them to leave, she said.

State Police First Lt. Wynonia Sturdivant, commander of the Ypsilanti post, said the action was "absolutely not" the result of Obama's visit, but stemmed from complaints about panhandlers.

The homeless community, known as Camp Take Notice, was one of at least three such communities around Ann Arbor, according to the ACLU, which said the tent cities have rules against drug use and panhandling.

In Washtenaw County, homelessness grew 30 percent between 2007 and 2008, said an ACLU news release that quotes county figures.

Please visit Detroit next, Mr. President.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on April 30, 2010, 01:35:01 AM
So you're saying this smiley is lying to me?  :x
Absolutely not.  If you keep your mouth closed your face will turn green.  Look at the healthy complexion on this bright fellow:  :yucky:

MadImmortalMan

You would think homelessness wouldn't be a problem in Detroit, what with all those empty houses and office buildings everywhere. WTF do they need a tent city for?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Savonarola

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 30, 2010, 11:11:49 AM
You would think homelessness wouldn't be a problem in Detroit, what with all those empty houses and office buildings everywhere. WTF do they need a tent city for?

There are lower taxes and a higher quality of life in the suburbs.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josephus

I'm tired.
Out late two nights in a row. Toronto FC soccer game on Wednesday night. Mark Knopfler concert last night. Meeting friends on the Danforth (Greek town) tomorrow night.

I'm getting too old. :(
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

The biggest bitch in the West just declared London a fit place to live.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2010, 04:09:50 PM
The biggest bitch in the West just declared London a fit place to live.

There's no reason to talk about yourself in the third person Garbo.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on April 30, 2010, 04:45:52 PM
There's no reason to talk about yourself in the third person Garbo.

You flatter me too much, sir. Besides, I've already given my approval to London.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

My friend today apparently got arrested for piracy of all things when he hijacked the annual Fyris run rafting with a rubber dingy. Full of booze. Just him and his brother in their kilts.
Which is good.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017