News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Are you seriously saying Tim that you made that ring yourself and didn't take it off some LOTR stuff? As it looks exactly like LOTR.

And as Agelastus says its too shiny. Even modern flags wouldn't be like that. If you're going with that design a simple red/orange circle on the blue background is the closest you could get.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Agelastus on April 02, 2010, 06:01:49 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 02, 2010, 04:32:32 AM
I really don't think it looks like the one ring.

As for the blue I picked it to represent the Pacific and contrast with the dark blue Atlantic of NATO

Yes, it does look like the one ring.

And for a flag from 1968, the design is far too luminescent and photographic. It needs to be much more stylised.
In never said it was from 1968, only that it was from after 1969.

I just looked at a shitload of pictures, it only as the vaguest resemblence to the one ring. It's far more abstract. I didn't make the ring myself, but the site I took it from had nothing to do with LOTR.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Tyr on April 01, 2010, 04:15:03 PM
I think I've uncovered a new attempted con.
In a club, *bang* some ditsy girl walks right into my shoulder and drops her half full drink. No sooner have I began to say sorry and shes saying "You must buy me a new one!!!"

That's quite the clever con!  She would have gotten half a free drink out of it.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on April 02, 2010, 07:55:21 AM
Or this.
The orange needs to be darker and more fiery.

Why the star, and how did you make it?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 02, 2010, 08:09:19 AM
Quote from: Syt on April 02, 2010, 07:55:21 AM
Or this.
The orange needs to be darker and more fiery.

Why the star, and how did you make it?

Why not; the shape comes in PSP7.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Stylized ring of flames.

—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on April 02, 2010, 08:03:34 AM
Quote from: Tyr on April 01, 2010, 04:15:03 PM
I think I've uncovered a new attempted con.
In a club, *bang* some ditsy girl walks right into my shoulder and drops her half full drink. No sooner have I began to say sorry and shes saying "You must buy me a new one!!!"

That's quite the clever con!  She would have gotten half a free drink out of it.

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on April 02, 2010, 04:25:39 AM
It looks like the One Ring on a flag.  Anyway, were the continental plates all mapped out in in 1968?
Plate tectonics was still in its infancy in the late 60s.

And yes Tim, it looks way too photographic.  It's a flag, not a graphic.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Less the One Ring, and more an eclipse.  It looks like the logo of bad sci-fi villains.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Rube Goldberg began his career as a water and sewer engineer for San Francisco.  ^_^

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould