News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

We am pounded.  Looks like about a foot.

Josquius

I hope we follow soon. Last year we had snow from mid November onwards. Permanent cover by now.
This year...we've had a few little drops of snow but nothing major, mostly rain.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

We're expecting 25 to 35 cm.

So, yeah about a foot.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Saw a Jos. A. Bank commercial last night during the Hoyas game.  Buy one suit, get two free.  If anyone is in the market for a suit that's an awesome deal.

ulmont

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 09, 2009, 10:41:26 AM
Saw a Jos. A. Bank commercial last night during the Hoyas game.  Buy one suit, get two free.  If anyone is in the market for a suit that's an awesome deal.

That's a little better than Jos. A. Bank normally does, but not by much.  Never buy a suit at Jos. A. Banks for anything less than 50% off; if you want a week or two, another 50% off "sale" will come around.

Eddie Teach

I liked the promo for buy 1 get 4 free. Turns out the 1 was a jacket and the 4 were shirts and pants.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Probably my worst commute ever. 2 hours to do my normally 45 minute Oshawa-Toronto drive. It wasnt so much the snow, it was that it was melting, and raining. I was surfing to work over 3 inches of slush, rather than driving.

More fun than a gay orgy. That's about it.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on December 09, 2009, 12:14:56 PM
Probably my worst commute ever. 2 hours to do my normally 45 minute Oshawa-Toronto drive. It wasnt so much the snow, it was that it was melting, and raining. I was surfing to work over 3 inches of slush, rather than driving.

Great weather we are having today.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

I don't actually remember this episode of Star Trek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhQA-06kSLU

WTF?  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on December 09, 2009, 12:24:19 PM
Quote from: Josephus on December 09, 2009, 12:14:56 PM

Great weather we are having today.  :lol:

If it's any consolation we're having pretty good weather in the Yukon.  High of -6, cloudy, no snow.

Of course the sun will set at 3:38pm today.   :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

LaCroix

fargo is at -19C right now, roughly on par with the middle of siberia  <_<

Barrister

Quote from: Lacroix on December 09, 2009, 05:29:34 PM
fargo is at -19C right now, roughly on par with the middle of siberia  <_<

I always liked Fargo.  A lot of good memories at the NDSU campus.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

LaCroix

i attend MSUM (well, i will be again this spring), the worst of the tri-college area. at our university, more people wear NDSU sweatshirts than they do MSUM  :lol:

Ed Anger

Hell, it is 30 degrees outside, and I've got a chill. My leg hurts.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive