News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Word is acting odd for me-I can no longer highlight something then start typing to replace it or press backspace to erase, I have to erase/delete from the end/start. Any clue what silly option I've accidentally turned on?
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on October 28, 2009, 12:54:21 PM
Any clue what silly option I've accidentally turned on?

MS Word itself.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Lettow77

Just a random thought- Archie Bunker is a really sympathetic character.

I mean, looking at a reactionary, closeminded but hard working and honest man- it seems to me that's in a way the best of humanity. There is something deeply appealing about it to me, and I cannot help but feel sorry for him as he feels his world is falling apart, directed by things he cannot understand.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

A not so random thought- Lettow is a meathead.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Did you press Insert, Josq?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DisturbedPervert

Bears.  Playing hockey.  Motherfucking Grizzly Bears ice skating, shooting hockey pucks, and fighting each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nah3nMStXV4

In other news, Ice-skating bear kills circus head

QuoteFrom Times Online
October 23, 2009

A circus bear killed one person and injured another during rehearsals for an ice-skating show.

The bear, which was part of the Russian State Circus, killed Dmitri Potapov, 25, a circus director who was visiting the show in Bishkek, the capital of Kyrgyzstan. An animal handler who tried to stop the attack suffered bruising to the brain and lacerations to his scalp.

It is unclear why the bear, which was wearing ice skates at the time, attacked Mr Potapov. The bear was later shot by police.

Deadly attacks are rare in the country's circuses, which often train bears to wear skates and play ice hockey. 

HVC

midnight. still at work. have i mentioned i hate month end?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Quote from: katmai on October 29, 2009, 11:06:27 PM
Should have been a Vet!
LOL

I'm out of it, it should be inventory i hate. i wonder, in a weeks time when i look back at my transactions, if i'll be able to understand what i was trying to do.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

You know I was skeptical of facebook for the longest time, but now that I'm on it, I'm really starting to like it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

If anyone was a fan of Firefly, go watch the first 3 minutes or so of the latest episode of Castle on either the ABC webiste or Hulu or something.  You'll enjoy it.  I know I did.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Monoriu

I have just launched Operation "replace my Canadian passport".  Among the things that I need to do are -

Download and complete an application form;
Get a professional photographer to take some photos for me;
Have the photographer sign the photos;
Go to my dentist and have him sign and "gurantee" my application form;
Ask the dentist to sign the photos too;
Go to the bank vault and retrieve my Canadian citizenship card;
Provide some other forms of evidence to support my ID;
Get a bank to issue a bank draft to pay the application fee;
Find my previous expired Canadian passport, which is somewhere at home;
Determine my height, weight, and eye colour;
Obtain two personal references who cannot be a relative; and
Go to the local Canadian consulate general office to submit the application package.

I always use my UK passport when I travel.  I've never ever used my previous two Canadian passports, even when I visited Canada.  I will do my utmost to ensure that this one will also collect dust.

Eddie Teach

Mono, you missed your calling. With your love of algorithms you should be a computer programmer.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?