And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 04, 2021, 01:18:42 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 04, 2021, 12:26:25 PM
And your regular reminder that O Canada's English lyrics are deliberately anodyne, while French Canada's lyrics talk about wielding a sword and cross and "valour steeped in faith". :lol:

and winning glory to wear on our heads.

In English, we do the guarding. In French, faith does the guarding.

Which is just funny when the current government of Quebec goes on about laïcité. :D
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Valmy on January 04, 2021, 09:36:53 AM

Seriously? That is very creative. I guess I just presumed Sang Impur was a moral judgement not based on some racial pseudo-science which I don't think was even in existence in the late 18th century. Or that at that time the fact that the monarchs all came from the international king club meant their blood was insufficiently French or something. Huh.

Both the idea of race linked to blood and the French monarchs being of impure blood of foreigners were alive and healthy at the end of the 18th century.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Monoriu

Warning, possibly NSFW.

https://tnccservices.co.uk/about/

QuoteThe Naked Cleaning Company is a domestic cleaning service provider with body positive beliefs. We are a professional company with a team of driven and sophisticated individuals, offering a high quality, professional service. Our company ethos, is to have the best possible discreet service available for busy professionals throughout the UK. More information is available below.

We offer various cleaning services from lingerie, topless to fully naked cleaners. There is a cleaner for everyone and we operate seven days a week.

Cleans start from £75 per hour which is inclusive of all costs of admin/ insurance/travel etc.

Eddie Teach

Thinking of moving to the UK?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

I've been thinking lately about hiring a cleaning service. :hmm:

The Brain

£75 per hour sounds a bit steep. Shouldn't you pay less than for normal cleaning?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Their FAQ on the restrictions of how throughly/deeply they can clean makes for a mostly superficial cleaning service.  And I would have to provide all of the cleaning materials...deal breaker.  :mad:

Admiral Yi

Thinking about the kind of talent they would hire is making my dick retract into my body.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 04, 2021, 05:37:23 PM
Thinking about the kind of talent they would hire is making my dick retract into my body.

Depending on the local laws this is probably just a thinly disguised prostitution service.  'You only hire us to clean for 75/hour, but anything the two of you negotiate behind closed doors doesn't concern us'.  It might even be legal - under Canada's former prostitution laws it would have been, which was primarily focused on it happening out in public.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

They don't really hire people...they're just a broker(pimp?) for "independent providers".

Monoriu

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 04, 2021, 05:22:39 PM

:P

I think languishites should move to HK :contract:

mongers

Quote from: Monoriu on January 04, 2021, 05:43:39 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 04, 2021, 05:22:39 PM

Have any of us done something so wrong you think it merits a stay in an open air prison?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

Hopefully the clients at least leave those cleaners alone, few things are more annoying that having people watch over your shoulder while you work.

Caliga

No thanks.  My house is just shy of 6,000 sq ft.  In Hong Kong I would probably have to live in one of those people-sized cages.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Monoriu

Quote from: Caliga on January 04, 2021, 08:45:00 PM

No thanks.  My house is just shy of 6,000 sq ft.  In Hong Kong I would probably have to live in one of those people-sized cages.

Colonel Caliga is rich :worthy:

You'll make even more money in HK.