Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Tyr on December 23, 2020, 05:26:41 PM
Looks like Boris Johnson is a cunt has cracked the top 5 :lol:

:lol: :yeah:

Pity it didn't make the Christmas #1

Richard Hakluyt

Wait...there is still time?

garbon

I can tell I'm on the graveyard shift at work today. Only had one email overnight and it was an automated Christmas message from a professional organisation.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Good God - the how bad is your Spotify thing is brutal and true :weep:
https://pudding.cool/2020/12/judge-my-spotify/
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote> Your spotify was pure-moods-movie-soundtrack-barista-with-a-short-story-collection bad.

Harsh, but fair.

Syt

I'm 5% basic. Is that good or bad? :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

1% basic here.

What on earth is "Stan"?

It's funny but I don't think it gets things quite right. Concentrates a lot on one or two bands. Kept going on about stereolab, which I do listen to a lot but are regarded as good, and beebadoobie...which I think I listened to once? (not awful contrary to that bloody summer track with the rapper. I mean. For modern music.)
Yet it gave my primary descriptor as "Your spotify was freddie-mercury-80s-dweeb-stop-getting-all-your-music-from-tiktok bad."  :lol:
Good idea though
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

"Stan" is a verb and noun for a very strong fan - as in the Eminem/Dido song Stan :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Oh. And I don't know what hipster-with-a-baby-bjorn is but it sounds like an aspiration :lol:
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

I only moved to Spotify from YouTube music in early November so sample size is small. Also apparently my kids are using my account on the smart speaker 🤦‍♀️

Results : Your spotify was don't-stop-believin-tommy-bahama-basic-birth-of-christ bad.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Not on spotify. I have been trying to collect at reasonable prices some multichannel audio instead on blu-ray audio, SACD or even DVD-A. Hurray for almost dead format(s)!

Syt

One thing I find amusing is that there's tons of German audio dramas that I had on tape as a kid are on there. Like the Larry Brent horror series, or the adventure series Jan Tenner and Commander Perkins. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 24, 2020, 10:04:30 AM
Not on spotify. I have been trying to collect at reasonable prices some multichannel audio instead on blu-ray audio, SACD or even DVD-A. Hurray for almost dead format(s)!

:cool:

Duque, that's a really good idea, I should be doing that, but it's yet another set of technology I'd have to research and buy/setup etc.

And I'm lazy.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on December 24, 2020, 10:45:42 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 24, 2020, 10:04:30 AM

:cool:

Duque, that's a really good idea, I should be doing that, but it's yet another set of technology I'd have to research and buy/setup etc.

And I'm lazy.  :)

I used the move to (U)HD by buying an almost universal (can't play Laserdiscs :() optical disc player. Coupled with a sound projector/bar (Home Cinema for tight city centre living spaces).

Be sure to tolerate or even appreciate classical music; this genre is still getting new releases.  :P
Otherwise, it's '60s to '80s classic rock mostly, with other genres such as metal not getting many releases save for some bands. Manowar for some reason being the priciest of all metal releases.  :hmm: :D

Not into jazz so I cannot comment on the quality or range of releases.