News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I also liked his toilet paper ski slopes:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

That one and the mah-jong restaurant are my favorites. Very nice!

celedhring

Another great question of our age has been tackled by the science of polling. What's Spain's favorite sandwich?

Pork tenderloin with cheese squeaks out a win over other perennial favorites like the serrano ham sandwich (0.4% behind) and the tortilla sandwich (0.7% behind). The Roman-style (deep fried) calamari, bacon, and cheese sandwichs finish clearly behind the Big Three.

Geographically, the tortilla sandwich carries the Med coast and the Basque areas, while pork tenderloin wins in Madrid, the majority of the Atlantic coast, and the Eastern parts of Castille/Andalusia.

The Brain

Any ongoing lawsuits in any region, or are these the final numbers?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

No chorizo option? I'd have thought it'd be a strong candidate.

Over here you'd have to add roasted ham to the options:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 23, 2020, 05:24:03 AM
Brown ham? Madness.

That one has lots of gravy, a "dry" version would look like this:

Admiral Yi

That looks more like pork loin than ham.

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on November 23, 2020, 03:10:19 AM
One of my favorite Twitter accounts is Tatsuya Tanaka: https://twitter.com/tanaka_tatsuya

He builds little dioramas using everyday objects and miniatures (they look like H0 figures you would get for railroad dioramas).

I follow him on instagram, it's really good

celedhring

Incidentally, even though it's hugely popular over here, I'm a bit dismayed at the triumph of pork loin with cheese and peppers sandwich. I find the thought of meat + molten cheese abhorrent outside of hamburgers (which is why I never got into Philly steak either).

Serrano ham wins in the areas with best serrano.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 23, 2020, 06:07:19 AM
That looks more like pork loin than ham.
It is.

Again, the people know best. It's an excellent sandwich :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on November 23, 2020, 07:03:11 AM
Incidentally, even though it's hugely popular over here, I'm a bit dismayed at the triumph of pork loin with cheese and peppers sandwich. I find the thought of meat + molten cheese abhorrent outside of hamburgers (which is why I never got into Philly steak either).

You dislike meat with cheese? How did you survive living in the US?  :lol:

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on November 23, 2020, 07:35:42 AM

Certainly NOT eating perfectly good steaks or pork spoiled by cheap melted cheese.

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on November 23, 2020, 07:35:42 AM

If the meat is not in sandwich or burger form we don't mix cheese and meat particularly often do we? :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

Bocadillo de jamon is the best! Especially with this tomato stuff you get in Madrid. Next best snack is Pintxos from Bilbao.