News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on February 20, 2019, 06:42:09 PM
:hmm: Do American-Indians count as White?

Who does and who doesn't has never really been made clear by the people who think this stuff is really important.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Oexmelin on February 20, 2019, 06:48:04 PM
As CC mentioned, just click on the name. Their whole schtick is compiling dossiers.

I clicked a couple and what I see are the flavor of hate and some background on that flavor.  That's not what I'm talking about.

Oexmelin

There's a wealth of info of the site, including discussion of historical background and change of ideology of hundreds of hate groups. What are you talking about then?
Que le grand cric me croque !

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 20, 2019, 06:16:16 PM
number of members and intensity of feeling/extremeness of positions, that kind of thing

Oexmelin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 20, 2019, 07:13:51 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 20, 2019, 06:16:16 PM
number of members and intensity of feeling/extremeness of positions, that kind of thing

You want a cheat sheet?

Number of members is difficult. These guys make claims which the SPLC understandably does not want to take at face value.
Intensity of feeling? What does that mean? Discussions of groups make pretty clear whether or not they are vague, disorganized hate groups, or strong organizations.
Same for extremeness of position. The dossiers make it clear - as much as it can be. The judgment call about extremeness is up to you.

If you want fuller dossiers, I strongly encourage you to donate.

Admiral Yi

Who or what am I trying to cheat?

Oexmelin

Admiral Yi

Your link doesn't answer my question.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 20, 2019, 07:45:14 PM
Your link doesn't answer my question.

:huh:

I don't think you want to cheat anything. I am just asking if what you want is (as per the link) "a concise set of notes used for quick reference". Sorry I used jargon.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Oexmelin on February 20, 2019, 07:56:28 PM
:huh:

I don't think you want to cheat anything. I am just asking if what you want is (as per the link) "a concise set of notes used for quick reference". Sorry I used jargon.

I want useful information.

Oexmelin

And here I was, thinking you wanted useless information.

Admiral Yi

A crib sheet for useless information is a pretty absurd concept.

Oexmelin

Yes. That's why I trying to understand exactly what you meant with your desire for "intensity of feeling" and "that kind of thing" that was not already covered by the info on the site, or even the way that such a thing, whatever it is, could reasonably be covered. I ventured you wanted the information already available there more easily summarized. But apparently not. 

I am glad we had that most productive exchange.

Admiral Yi

Yeah, that was a real treat.  Highlght of my day.

dps

Yi, I kind of have to agree with Oex here--there's a lot of info there if you click on the like, granted that many of the groups don't seem to have links, and as Oex points out, figuring out how many members some of these groups have is problematic at best.